New.. Looking for friends and support partners

Options
Today is my first day on here, I am looking for support and friends that knows what its like to struggle losing weight. I am a first time mom and currently unemployed so instead of sitting home getting bigger. I decided to make a change for the good. My set back is I am a emotional eater I eat when I am happy, sad, depressed etc.I purchase jillian michaels body rerevolution to help with my workouts. However my son has became highly attached to me since I am stay homet I can not sit him down without screaming at the top of his lungs. Then when I try to after dinner my husband complains about us spending time together because he works 13-15 hours a day. I feel like its no hope for me to workout like all odds are against me.LOL.. I am so tempted to use my allowance for a babysitter just so I can work out in peace..

Replies

• dawnkjensen
    Options
    Today is my first day as well! I think we have made a good choice, and I look forward to seeing how it goes. You can do it!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You can add me if you like, I am on every day and my diary is open :D I am an emotional eater too (there's a great group here for that), and I LOVE Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • ellemuise
    Options
    Im new as well! feel free to add!
  • usmc73
    usmc73 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey everyone feel free to add me, I like to help people out as much as possible, im on everyday, and im very knowledgeable about fitness and weight loss =]
  • heidicockburn1
    Options
    Feel free to add me im new here too :)
  • GodSentMe23
    GodSentMe23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Add me.
  • Offical
    Options
    Im also new on here. Hope it works out!
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    Add me :)
  • Tamtamz76
    Options
    Hi there! You (or anyone) can add me.

I log my food and workout five days a week, although I have scaled back from trying to kill myself with these workouts (this isn't my first time at the rodeo). My husband has recently become unemployed, and I work at home, soooo eating has become a favorite pass time for each of us.

My diary is something of a mess since this is my first day back, and I'm trying to regain my bearings.
  • bdcmoran
    bdcmoran Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. New on here as well.Don't think I have any friends as to day. Hope that changes for me as well.
  • mcesira
    mcesira Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! So wonderful that you are taking the time to take care of *you*. I am a mom of 3 children- 5 years, 3 years and 11 months. They are my joy and I stay at home as well. It is imperative to take care of myself even if it's just for 30 min a day so that I am a better mommy and setting a healthy example for them. Us mommies need it! I feel calmer, stronger and happier since starting this MFP a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how old your child is, but I try to do the workouts either when they are down for nap, after they go down for bed or yes, sometimes I do get a sitter so that I can go to the gym for 1 hour. Some gyms have a child care center, too! Wishing you all the best in your journey! Feel free to add me.
  • heatherhbeardall
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :) Mommy to 4 (and my baby is a MAJOR mammas boy so I totally feel you there!) Just started on my weight loss. :)