I HAVEN'T LOST WEIGHT YET!!! :(

Options
I know i havent been doing this long...i started friday of last week, but i thought i might start seeing some kind of difference, but im not!! Am i doing something wrong? I need advice, I wake up every morning, jump on my eilliptical for 20 min. , eat a small breakfast, then i go to work, eat a small snack at 9:30am go back to work(i walk all the time at work) then i eat lunch at 11:30am then i go back to work, i eat a small snack at 2pm then i leave work at 4:30, i go get my kids, cook, eat then work out on my elliptical for another 30min. Do i need to work out more? If so, what kind of exercise? Do i need to walk(fast pace) at my breaks and even at lunch? I really need to start seeing results because if not i will give up this so easy.....and i DONT want to give this up!

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking everything you eat?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking everything you eat?

This^. You need to weight and measure it all too. How many calories are you on?

Food is more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a single lb for 6 weeks. Patience, grasshopper.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Patience, grasshopper.

This^^^
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    Yes,I track everything i eat! My goal is set at 2060, but i never actually eat that many calories. I dont really weigh my food..how do i know how much baked chicken i need to eat...(Im new at dieting, I might have some stupid questions)
  • kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    It takes 3-6 weeks before you can see any type of drastic change in your body. This takes time, be patient!

Just make sure you're
    - tracking all your food.
    - drinking tons of water.
    - exercising.
    - measuring your hips/waist. Numbers on the scale are not everything!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Starting or intensifying exercise can make your body retain several pounds of water weight for muscle repairs. No telling when it will decide to let go, just keep at a sensible deficit for a couple more weeks, weigh, measure, and track calories burned.

Then if you still don't lose you could leave a small cushion of workout calories that you don't eat back (because even a good HRM can be pretty inaccurate).

And if that doesn't work it's time to visit the doc for a thyroid check.
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are on the right track. The exercise may just be building muscle, hence the scale not moving. How are the pants fitting?
  • BonnieNis
    BonnieNis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Give yourself time...a week is hardly long enough to see a huge difference. Keep up the good work and exercise and soon things will start happening. You have started in the right direction and that's good. Take it a day at a time. :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Yes,I track everything i eat! My goal is set at 2060, but i never actually eat that many calories. I dont really weigh my food..how do i know how much baked chicken i need to eat...(Im new at dieting, I might have some stupid questions)

I would get a digital scale. It's the #1 most useful tool you can buy, and they're only like $15 for a good one. It is mind-blowing how off eyeballed portions can really be. It can be the difference between a deficit and a surplus of calories.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything (or use measuring cups where needed)..the MFP diary tool will help you. Your calories seem a bit high to me, but I don't know your stats, so it may be ok. Patience!
  • mockchoc
    Options

If you don't eat that many calories then can you tell us how many you are having or open your diary? Might help us out a lot. How much chicken to eat is up to you and as long as you can fit it in under your calories then have it but you should also be making sure you eat enough fats and fibre too. A chicken breast or two or three drumsticks would be average. Do weigh things or you will be very wrong with your guesses and eating too much most likely.
  • faywouk
    faywouk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Most nutritional guides I have seen suggest that 4 ounces (cooked weight) is an appropriate amount of meat/fish/chicken for a given meal. I strongly suggest you get a good quality kitchen scale, and weigh everything before you eat it. If it has skin and bones that you don't eat, then weigh the refuse and subtract it from your original total. This will give you the information you need, which you can then log. The secret to weight loss, in my experience, is knowing how much of each thing you have eaten, so you get the correct calorie count.
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    so far my pants fit the same....except for today i noticed when i put my belt on that it was in a different whole than normal..
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    Ok my diary is open to everyone!!
  • rachelchun18
    Options
    I had a problem yesterday with my food! Someone i know brought me and my family some fried chicken from pollo campero in Guatemala and i sate too much!!!! I stayed longer on the elliptical trying to work it off!!! I really felt horrible after i ate it...but i dont get pollo campero everyday!
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    so far my pants fit the same....except for today i noticed when i put my belt on that it was in a different whole than normal..
    Sounds like you are losing inches which is great. My mother is one of those people who loses inches before the scale starts moving.
  • loic901
    loic901 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hmmm is it me or 2000cals is a lot?

im bulking and im a men.. my goal is set to 2650 eating around 2600-3000 a day i workout 4 times a week at the gym

i would recommend you drop to 1600-1800 if you didnt get any result eating 2000 its because you eat to much for what you are training but that being said if you get most of your cals from fat .. this may be the reason too.

GL!!! :D
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had a problem yesterday with my food! Someone i know brought me and my family some fried chicken from pollo campero in Guatemala and i sate too much!!!! I stayed longer on the elliptical trying to work it off!!! I really felt horrible after i ate it...but i dont get pollo campero everyday!
    Fried chicken has quite a bit of sodium I would think, and since you ate it yesterday, that might be why you aren't seeing any difference on the scale.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Diary isn't opening.