Never thought I would see that number!

Options
I've been lurking here for a while, logging in everyday and checking the boards, but this is my first post. Two and half years ago, I was 14 stone 1.5lbs. I joined Slimming World, with a target of 40lbs (it was coming up to my 40th birthday!). I made that in under 5 months, and soon lost another stone. After maintaining for well over a year, and I finally committed to losing the last half stone that would take me into the 'normal' BMI. I am only 5ft, so that was 9 stone 1. I don't ever remember being under 9 stone - I was probably 9 years old! Well at this weeks weigh-in I was 8 stone 12.5. I couldn't believe it started with an 8! It made me cry - I can't believe I have got there.

Replies

• herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow. congratulations :) I'm the same height and will be overjoyed if I ever see an 8 at the start (got a fair few 10s and all the 9s to get through first!).
  • Brummig
    Options
    Thank you. I've now lost 73lbs in total. I am so proud of myself, although I'm still not totally used to it - still look for larger sizes when I shop, and sometimes look in the mirrors at the gym (which I avoided for the first few months!) and wonder where I have gone!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Wow! 73 lbs.is an awesome loss! You should be dancing on tables! :drinker:
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    That's fantastic - way to go! It's inspiring to hear you meet your goal.. Congratulations!
  • essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yay! Go you!
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    Just to update - 3 months on, and I have never gone above 9 stone!!!!

I still log regularly and am loving my exercise (well, most of it). I have started cycling to work (not my choice but we have moved and there's no parking!) - weather has been pretty awful so not loving that but see it as another form of exercise! But I love working with my PT, classes, my own gym stuff. I am just starting to realise that I am quite strong now, that I am quite fit, and that I am now average weight person - and I can proud of that!!!! 3 years ago I was over 14 stone on meds for high blood pressure and chlorestrol. We went to south of france on hols. It was lovely but I was very self conscious in summer clothes, and my ankles swelled in the heat - I remember sitting in the camper with frozen drinks on my ankles in the evening because they were so sore. We go back to the same place in 2 weeks time and it will be very different! No meds, no swollen ankles, and while I'll never be a bikini person I'm not worried about wearing summer tops.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!