Breakfasts

Options
Probably been bought up before but no idea what to have for breakfast not a fan of muesli or weetabix. Please help, only been doing it for a week. Did loose 11lb in first week tho.

Replies

• da3bool
    da3bool Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup quick oats
    1/4 cup dried blueberries
    1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
    a dash of salt
    a dash of cinnamon

fills you up like crazy and only 333 calories!
  • RoxanneChantae
    Options
    Hearty and low cal oatmeal:
    1/4 cup of oatmeal (cooked)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp of light brown sugar
    1 small apple w/o skin chopped

High protein and a little fat if the rest of your day is with very minimal calories (from a women's world recipe):
    2 slices of turkey bacon or bacon
    3-6 tbsp of egg whites
    2 slices of toast (I started using the half slices of bread, mine is from a farmers market w/only 65 cal per slice, but I believe sara lee makes these at 50 cal)
    slice of reduced fat cheese

Light and good protein:
    3-6 tbsp of egg whites
    1 stalk of green onion
    1/4 cup of tomato
    salsa to garnish
    protein if you like (bacon, turkey bacon, turkey sausage)

Banana Oatmeal smoothie:
    1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal
    1 cup of almond milk
    1 small banana
    1 tbs of hemp protein powder
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Breakfast dosen't have to be typical breakfast foods, you can have last nights leftovers if you want.
  • clarebfh
    Options
    Thank you all. Funny how you always think Breakfast HAS to be breakfast food.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Funny how you always think Breakfast HAS to be breakfast food.

Porridge is pretty good for you - I make it with skimmed milk, but you could go old school and make it with water.

I eat a lot of eggs - hi calorie, but very filling so I aint really hungry till much later.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1 piece of bread with peanut butter or jam
    Scrambled eggs - 2, 1 toast
    Omelette with cheese and ham
    1 Light rye bread with prosciutto and ham
    Oat with chocolate powder
    Cereal in milo
    1 Muffin
    1 scone

All above with additional glass of milk and cup of fruits for kid morning snack.

target calories below 350 in total.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Today I made some chicken breakfast sausage (Insernio's that I bought at safeway) with some Twin Star grilled veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini, and potatoes) and topped with lowfat cheddar cheese and salsa. Made 2 servings. Delish!

When I don't have time for this my old standby is natural peanut butter on Ezekiel bread or greek yogurt topped with nuts and fruit. Also like green smoothies with protein powder or scrambled egg whites with low-fat cheese.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Three eggs scrambled with 1 oz. diced ham and 1 small chopped tomato. 255 calories.
  • clarebfh
    Options
    Mmmm some lovely ideas, I am an egg fan and like to have a big breakfast. Thanks everyone
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    I like to make ham egg and cheese toasters

2- nat. own whole wheat bread slices
    2 eggs
    1 serving of ham ( I use oscar meyer 97% fat free smoked shaved ham)
    1 slice american cheese.

I cook the eggs , then assemble the sandwich, spaying both sides (top and bottom of sandwich) with spray olive oil and cook it like its a grilled cheese..

Its wonderful and filling only avg 300 cal..
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you are an egg fan, you're in luck! They are NOT high in calories - it's what people put in/on them that makes them high in calories. My standard breakfast is two scrambled eggs with a little salt, a banana, and a small glass of skim milk. About 350 calories!

Eggs are also my go-to dinner for a day when my calories are higher than I'd like; I make a three-egg omelette loaded up with veggies and sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top. Delicious, filling, but still only about 250 calories in the omelette!
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie allowance? are you a big breakfast eater? what macros are you aiming for? What sort of foods do you like to eat...

Aside from pulling suggestions out of our backsides, its impossible to provide any real help without knowing this stuff.
  • squady126
    Options
    Hello, big girl .... I am allowed 1200 calories a day and lost it at the moment which is not good as go on a cruise in 52 days time and wanted to lose 2 stone by then. So far lost 12lb. I have to leave calories for night time as I get nibbles when kids are in bed
  • kstessing
    Options
    Try a fast yummy breakfast sandwich

Pour some egg whites in a small round Tupperware (about 3' diameter)
    Season it with salt ad pepper or favorite spices cook in micro for 70 sec.
    Warm one slice Canadian bacon set aside
    Cut One slice of tomato
    Sprouts or a few spinach leaves
    Assemble the above on a toasted Thomas lite English muffin
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This morning I had an egg, with a slice of cheese, put in a 1/2 pita bread with some hot sauce.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is blueberry protein pancakes.. It's super filling, full of protein and only 470 cal

1/2 cup wholemeal s/r flour
    1/2 cup of milk of your choice
    1 egg white
    1 packet splenda
    1 scoop of your favourite protein powder (I use vanilla)
    1/2 cup blueberries

Serve with sugar free maple syrup, yummo!