Shiratake noodles in london?

Options
Anyone know where i can buy them? I know i can find them online, but the amount that they charge for delivery is equal to the price of a packet of the noodles :| ridiculous...

Replies

• GreyV
    GreyV Posts: 60
    Options
    Amazon is the only place I know of. Would be so much easier if I could just buy them in a shop though.
  • kysira
    kysira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Why bother? They are tasteless and add nothing but bulk to a recipe. I tried them for the first time the other night. Much Ado About Nothing.
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    found 2 shops on Brewer street, in soho... + they have all these different kinds of tofu and 100kcl curries.. !! score!

I get so excited when i find these stores... :D
  • MrsRochester1
    MrsRochester1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I noticed that some people are having trouble finding these in the UK, if so check out Holland and Barrett. They sell their own version called Slim Noodles. They also do Slim Pasta and Slim Rice, they sell at around £2.50 and will deliver too. I've only tried the rice so far, and found it interesting, lol.

It's a good one for fast day, the whole packet has about 14 calories, and is supposed to be 2 servings but I managed to eat the whole pack, smothered in tomato/mushroom sauce in one go, lol

Alternatively, visit your local Chinese supermarket if you have one, it'll be in the fridge, and is called Konjac noodles, or something similar, and is a lot cheaper .

The Japan Centre of course sells the tofu variety.

Anyway, good luck, and happy shopping.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    They sell a version of them in Holland and Barretts. I saw them in the Canary Wharf store in a packet the other day. That's a fairly small store, so I'm sure they'd have them at one of the bigger ones around.