fitbit zip

Options
Hey guys can anyone comment? im looking to invest (and i say that because of the price!!!) in a fit bit tracker thing !

has anyone got one? are they worth the money ?

Replies

• VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have h fitbit one and I love it, it syncs with MFP so any calories earned through steps are automatically updated and it makes me more motivated to reach my daily goals it sets.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I don't think it's worth it. I much prefer my bluetooth Polar heart rate monitor and RunKeeper.
  • sdokeefe
    Options
    Completely worth it, I find it motivates me more to try to reach my daily step goal. It connects to MFP to more accurately track your calories as well which is great as MFP's cal counts for exercise are HORRIBLY incorrect.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I would recommend spending a bit more and getting a fitibit One, I love mine. The extra features are worth it.

However if you were looking for something cheaper then I would just buy a basic pedometer for a few dollars as that's pretty much what the fitbit Zip is but with a higher price tag.
  • suhannie
    Options
    love mine, use it daily
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Fitbits are awesome. It seems crazy to spend $60 or $100 for a pedometer, but it is totally worth it! a $10 pedometer is not going to sync with MFP

Fitbits are super accurate IMO...depending on the model and what kind of phone you have, it can sync to your phone...fitbit.com has all kinds of charts to show trends. Tuesday I was showing my trainer the chart of my average steps for the year and he noticed that one month was higher than the others and asked what made me more active that month ( no clue).

fitbit customer service ROCKS. My friend has washed her fitbit TWICE and they have replaced it for free both times. I had mine for 9 months and looked down one day to find a big chunk of the plastic missing. it was still fully functional, but I took a picture ,emailed it to them and asked if there was anything they could do for me. Within 22 hours I had an email telling me that my model was discontinued, but if it was OK with me they would send me the model that had replaced it ( a slight upgrade). all they needed was a copy of my original receipt, my name and my shipping info.