Kickboxing

NewMe80xoxo
NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone know if this is a good exercise??? Has anyone had any luck with it??? Are there kickboxing workout dvds??? or websites...I can't afford to go take it some place!!!! Thanks!

Replies

• it's an excellent workout... great cardio and muscle building... my other half teaches a great class and i'm seeing results in loosing inches...
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    im hoping to join one in the fall when all 4 of the kids are in school. i hope i can find a class thats available during the 2 hours i will have to myself. i think it will be a great workout and fun!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    It’s excellent at toning and burning calories. Get Turbo Jam - it’s the love of my life - after my husband of course! ;) I've been doing it for over 3 years now. Buy it on ebay or Craig’s List if you want to save money. Its $75 on the infomercial but that does come with an extra DVD and gloves – things I bought separately though ebay along with the rest of the Turbo Jam collection.
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    I have Kelly Coffey Meyer's kickboxing dvd and it is a great workout! It takes a few times of doing it to get the combos down, but it is fun. I also take a class 1x/week at my son's karate school and that is one tough workout! With the class, we are punching and kicking pads held by the instructors in small groups. It is worth every bit of the $10 for the class, but I can only get there 1x/wk due to scheduling, so the dvd is a good alternative. I also have a lot of Billy Blank's Tae Bo dvds and depending on the particular workout, it can be a great way to burn calories and keep the workout fun. I also have one by the Firm that has several workouts on it, including one that includes a combo kickbox/strength train with weights workout. Kickboxing is fun and you don't have to be super coordinated, which makes some other types of cardio workouts a bit intimidating (i.e. dance type cardio).
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Make sure to approach the trainer/teacher and ask to be shown the "Low Impact" version of each exercise as you start. That way you can work up as your body adjusts. The trick to that is to use your reflection in the mirror as your "boxing partner". Inches will shed quickly with kickboxing. Great choice!!
  • tyord
    tyord Posts: 2
    I've been doing this apart from fitness for a month already, twice a week. I see that the trainings are really intensive, however, I still weight just the same as when I started...so I wanted to know, should I be also on a strict diet when kickboxing ?
This discussion has been closed.