Fast diet beginner

Options
Hey, been away for a while but decided to return for a bti of motivation. Started the "fast diet" yesterday which is basically 5 days of normal 2400 calories a day and then 2 days of a 1/4 of that at 600 calories. Heard lots of good things and decided to give it a go.

Any one wanting to buddy up and share my news / stats etc just add me and I'll be glad to buddy up...

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Never heard of a diet like that...good luck!
  • lightninsam
    lightninsam Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cheers mhk0719... hadn't heard about it till a few weeks ago. done a wee bit of research and it sounds like something i can handle :-)

today is day 4 and is the "fast" day so i've had 600 calories today.. feeling ok so far tho I'm glad I'm back to normal 2moro :-)))
  • Arlettega
    Options
    Good luck! Hope it works out for you!
  • ElGordoyFeo
    ElGordoyFeo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, quite a fashion was started by Michael Mosely when he did the programme on Fast Diet last Summer.
    Started it last week - we'll see how it goes. MFP really helps to do this kind of diet too!
  • hallucinogenic_lipstick
    Options
    Hey, been away for a while but decided to return for a bti of motivation. Started the "fast diet" yesterday which is basically 5 days of normal 2400 calories a day and then 2 days of a 1/4 of that at 600 calories. Heard lots of good things and decided to give it a go.

Any one wanting to buddy up and share my news / stats etc just add me and I'll be glad to buddy up...

I'm on my first fast today, so far so good, thank goodness for green tea and sugar free jelly lol!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I don't get that kind of diet? especially when people say "Thank goodness for 0 calories jelly" Just eat normally for goodness sake and excersize!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't get that kind of diet? especially when people say "Thank goodness for 0 calories jelly" Just eat normally for goodness sake and excersize!

Eating "normally" is what made many of us fat! :smile:
    It's about health benefits as well as weight loss.

Have a read of this if you want to understand more - http://thefastdiet.co.uk/
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, am on week 3. Doing my 500 cals days Mondays and Thursdays, although insomnia makes me swop them about sometimes. Doing a weigh-in next Friday so will see how it goes. It takes a bit of planning too.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    At the end of week 4, I've lost 4.5 lbs! Am very happy as have been at the same weight for ages. It works, but it takes planning and discipline. Well, it does for me anyway.
  • takemetothepub
    Options
    Hmm, so you're gonna eat normally then starve yourself for two day, get your body setup into starvation mode so after the two days the second you put any food in your body will think it needs to store as much of it as it can as fat in case it's not getting any food for a while?

Think you need to know some more about how the body works and reacts to diet. This is a bad idea.