I am fat and lazy

Options
The stress of life sure is hitting me hard these days.

Between having my first child 6 weeks ago, trying to lose weight, being diagnosed with bipolar disorder, being on new medication, my fiance and I moving into a new place and all of my family issues... I have become so incredibly stressed out.
I would love to just sit on my *kitten* for a week and cry about all of my issues but, can I? No. I have a daughter to take care of while my fiance works full time, I have a new house to clean, we have so many things to unpack and still a ton of things to pack up to bring here and to top it off, my mental illness is beating my emotions up! I am hoping to score big and get that one pound that I need to lose 10% of my weight loss goal (10 pounds) at tomorrow's weigh in but, who knows what's going to happen. I am keeping my head up and thinking of the positive but, it's becoming harder and harder for me to do.
I am hoping to find friends who are positve and encouraging when I need a swift kick in the rear end. I love giving as much advice as possible and I really enjoy getting to know new people. Add me if you would like.

Thanks for just listening. Venting was nice.

Replies

• caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It will all work out. I have a 4 yr old and a 2 month old and am getting ready to go back to work full time to my very demanding job in March. My husband is gone for work so it is just me during the week. If I think about all of the things I have to do, I go crazy and get super irritable. I found that making a list and taking it one day at a time is the only way I get through it, but being on a diet makes it all that much harder in my opinion. So I like to day dream about how happy I will be when I hit my goal weight and this time I will do it. No turning back now. Feel free to vent , we are here for you.
  • Cameronzmum
    Cameronzmum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, no your not that. You are beautiful and the more you exercise and watch what you eat and everything. The more so you will get. Not that I myself have room to talk. I been on this site off and on for a few years. And I'm a bipolar I mother of 4 (5 year old, a 3 year old a soon to be 14 month old and a soon to be 3 month old). Focus on minute by minute. Try telling yourelf I can do this. 2 months ago I was sooooooo hooked on pepsi that I was drinking 2 liter a day. Then after about a month I started losing the taste for it. So I thought what the heck and tried green tea with lemon and honey mix. Well full strength was too much so I cut it in half and it was perfect. So for the past month I been drinking nothing but my green tea mix with warm water. Soon after all these changges I will be on my way to a better life. If I can try and reach for my dreams, so can you. -D-
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. :) My husband was deployed for the first six months (and birth!) of our daughter's life, so I know how hard it can be to do it all yourself. Don't think about tomorrow, or next week, or your next weigh-in - just think about today, and eating what you need to keep yourself healthy for your baby. Take time to just sit and snuggle your little one, because these days are the most precious and go so fast. And hey - you're only six weeks out! I wasn't even allowed to think about exercise until six weeks had passed, so don't be too hard on yourself about your weight. Unpacking will probably give you all the exercise you need for a while, especially if you're BF'ing. (Think of BF'ing as exercise. Really. I'm sure somewhere there's a calorie burn count for it.)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm fat and lazy too. This is curable though. Keep punching!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. You have a 6 week old baby at home... all you should be doing is taking care of that little bundle of awesome, eating and napping. That's it. Take baby out for walks, but take it easy. Lower the standards on the housekeeping... this is the only time your baby will be so little. You need this time to bond and love on him/her... don't worry about weight loss just yet. There's plenty of time for that. Just make sure you're eating healthy so you can focus on being an awesome mom. Trust me on this one... get some sleep when you can!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    1. YOU ARE NOT FAT. You are trying to lose 10 lbs. At my largest I weighed in at 344. At present I am 225 and am ok with that.. Dropping 8 pant sizes (48 to 32) is fat to relatively healthy. 10 lbs is only half of the average weight gain of a girl your age...

2. Bipolar disorder is a tough diagnosis. Mood swings are hard to deal with and really can play with your mind. Many overcome it and I am sure that with proper treatment, you will do fine. EXERCISE, is a great mood stabilizer. Get out there and walk, run, etc. It will make you feel better .. especially when you are on the depressed side... and most BP individuals are depressed far more often than manic.

3. Enjoy your child. Enjoy your life. I wish you the very best in your journey. You can do this.
  • 24redwine
    Options
    I would make sure you are speaking with your doctor and/or a therapist. You could be suffering from post partum depression. I agree with the earlier post -- focus on taking care of your little one, and getting sleep when you can. Unpacking and moving stuff and regular walks with the baby in the stroller are good each day, as long as you don't overdo it. Eat healthy and stay active. It will come off. Weigh isn't the issue for a few more weeks at least. Be well.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    venting usually helps me when something is bothering me, espically when I type it out... I dont know why, just am outlet.

IMO- you are a brand new mom and you need to take a look at the bigger picture. You will never get this time back and if you spend it worrying about your weight, your housework, etc I can only imagine you will regret it. YOU CAN NOT TAKE BACK TIME.

Enjoy that tiny baby while you can. Give your self a little slack and when the time is right, ramp it up a notch. but again, this is just my opinion :flowerforyou:
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One thing: Your Words Create Your World. Look at the adjectives you use to describe yourself: your post title says it all "Fat And Lazy". You cannot hate yourself into happiness...
  • ayerg
    ayerg Posts: 33
    Options
    One thing: Your Words Create Your World. Look at the adjectives you use to describe yourself: your post title says it all "Fat And Lazy". You cannot hate yourself into happiness...

^^^ THIS!!!

You are definitely NOT fat and lazy. Moving is hard work! And you just had a baby. Of COURSE you want to sit down for a week. Every mother in the world has felt that. Moving on top of a new baby is a lot of stress and I think it speaks volumes that you are trying so hard to make good choices and reaching out for support instead of succumbing to the stress and emotion of it all.

You can do it! We are here to support you along the way! But - you have to be as kind to yourself as you would be to any of us on here that want to change our lives too.

SMILE! Baby needs a happy and healthy momma! Make you a priority so that baby can have that!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    No.

You know what you are?

Beautiful.

A New Mother,

A Hard-Worker,

An At-Home Heroine.

Venting is fine, but if these are truly your thoughts, you need to turn your outlook around. Positivity is the only way to succeed at this!
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not call this being fat and lazy, i don't think i could handle all of that
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A Kick up the a££? Hell's teeth girl you need a standing ovation!! One pound.... 1lb..... loss so far NINE POUNDS .... 9LBS!! Even if you don't hit that target this week look at what you HAVE achieved and put that 1lb into perspective. In short with what you have gone through in the past couple of months ...You Are Doing Great!
    :-D
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. You have a 6 week old baby at home... all you should be doing is taking care of that little bundle of awesome, eating and napping. That's it. Take baby out for walks, but take it easy. Lower the standards on the housekeeping... this is the only time your baby will be so little. You need this time to bond and love on him/her... don't worry about weight loss just yet. There's plenty of time for that. Just make sure you're eating healthy so you can focus on being an awesome mom. Trust me on this one... get some sleep when you can!

This ^^^^ x 1,000,000

And stop using the adjectives 'fat' or 'lazy' because from your post you appear to be neither. You are a new mum - be kind to yourself - you don't have to be Supermum - there is no such thing. We are all out there (me included) just doing the best we can everyday.

So take each day, one at a time. Enjoy your snuggles with your baby - that's all they want. And sleep whenever possible as that also helps with the emotional, hormonal rollercoaster that is the period after birth.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time, and spend quality time with your little one first. If and when your little one gets to sleep, then try to get some work done and DON'T overdo it. A little exercise can go a long way, even if you can get only a few minutes. Besides, I think you'll be getting plenty of exercise with your bundle of joy anyhow! :wink:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    you ARENT fat and lazy..having a baby takes a lot out of you, as well as screws up your body..99% of us can say our body got kinda flabby and yucky after kids..being a SAHM is a tough job..i have done it (not of my own will) for almost 4 years, but we are moms, its 24/7 and we dont get paid for it in cash or check..we get paid by having food, clothes and shelter by our other half..the stress will calm down after your house and stuff get more in order..you can do this, add me if you like..best of luck
  • wolvesmom52
    wolvesmom52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with "MrsBigMack" who said just to take care of yourself. I also wanted to mention the post-partum issues. I had them after the birth of my babies. It is not fun to deal with! Get someone to help you, such as a close friend or relative. This person could watch the baby while you get a nap, or unload a box or two. Don't push yourself too hard, and enjoy your baby! Hugs to you!
  • staceymoyer1
    staceymoyer1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You have a lot on your plate. A first baby alone is a lot of stress and considering all you are going through like others have said, just take it day by day or even hour by hour. Enjoy caring for that baby and take the time to care for yourself so you have the energy for the baby, fiance and making your new house a home. It doesn't all have to be done in a day! When I brought my first baby home I was lucky some days to get a shower, lol!