Is This A Healthy Lunch?

Options
I'm pretty new to this healthy eating thing so I don't really know what's healthy and not, for my lunch the past couple of days I've had Light Philidelphia on two slices of Granary toast.

Would you say that's healthy? I need to know if that's ok or to change it around a bit.

Cheers.

Replies

• magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i love philadelhpia and have it quite often for my lunch. Maybe you could add some lettuce and tomatoes or a bit of ham or chicken if you have the calories to spare. if you need some lunch ideas have a nosey at my food diary :)
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Is this all you're eating for lunch? If so, then I would say no.

Why not cut out the cream cheese and have a sandwich instead? Or, eat a salad? Or, add some salmon, fruits, and/or veggies to what you are currently eating for lunch? What you are currently eating just doesn't seem like a very balanced option, and it certainly won't keep you feeling satisfied for very long.
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    i love philadelhpia and have it quite often for my lunch. Maybe you could add some lettuce and tomatoes or a bit of ham or chicken if you have the calories to spare. if you need some lunch ideas have a nosey at my food diary :)

I definately think your not eatting enough. Whilst what you picked is healthy enough you really need to add a bit of protein, such as chicken, and some salad/veg
  • ajhumbird
    Options
    I don' t think that is enough to eat for lunch. I like to eat a lot of veggies throughout the day so that my calorie count at meals can be higher. Each meal should contain protien too. For lunch I usually have a salad, lately it is spring mix lettuce, shaved parmesan cheese, mushrooms and tuna with a light balsamic dressing. If you don't like tuna add some chicken breast. There are so many healthy meals you can eat that are low carb, low fat and will fill you up.
  • BeadyRoller
    BeadyRoller Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. What would you all suggest I add to this then? Some meat? Some salad?

I never know when I add to much you see.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. What would you all suggest I add to this then? Some meat? Some salad?

I never know when I add to much you see.
    Try planning out what you're going to eat for the whole day and entering it before you eat it. Makes it easier to see how much you can eat at each meal and still meet your goals.