Looking for some Guidance/Help

Options
2»

Replies

• Sheakat
    Sheakat Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry about hitting the post button too soon. I, too was working out like a b@#!#+ for 2 weeks, and didn't lose an ounce. Now, it's starting to come off. I don't have alot of weight to lose, about 20 pounds, but it took a while for it to start to work.
    I made a commitment to make better choices with food and exercise and after 6 weeks, I'm down almost 10 pounds. Keep it up, it will come!
  • Jus_Drea
    Options
    Can you add me? I would like to read 10 reasons I'm not loosing weight
  • JefferyMartin
    JefferyMartin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You have to look at everything in your life. How much food you consume, process foods, stress level, and exercising. Add me if you like I can help out a lot.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ok. I ate close to 2000 today (MFP says to eat 2200). I also burned 490 (roughly) calories today via walking. Does that seem alright? Should I eat more? I don't want to eat more today because I'm over on sugars and don't really have anything sugar free. This will help me plan my meals for the next week, though.

I am happy you started eating more. I can't even imagine that your body was functioning very well at 1200 calories. You are not suppose to starve yourself. I would stay stick with the 2000 calories if it feels good for you. You can increase/decrease as you go along. You will have to figure out what works best for you and your body.

It may be helpful if you open up your diary. That way we can see what you are eating and better help you figure out what to change. If you are eating fruits, they contain sugars, but you should be eating these (in moderation of course). Food that is Sugar Free, doesn't necessarily mean healthy. As others have stated, eat more protein, whole grains and fruits/veggies.

You can do this!!!
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hello and congrats for taking an important step in changing your lifestyle!! I found that when i started, the scale barely moved for almost 8 weeks. So don't lose heart, once it starts moving it will go. I find my pattern is lose 4 lbs, gain 2, lose 4 gain 2... a zig zag.. .but I look at the overall, and am down and heading in the right direction! Keep up the fight.