Health Benefits of Foot Detoxification

Options
Hi everyone,

i wasnt sure if i should post in this thread or exercise one.. so i apologize ahead of time if it is the wrong area.

However.. i was wondering, has anyone participated in a Ionic Foot Detox? If so, pro's/con's? I am thinking about setting up an appointment but would like some feed back from others who have done it.

Thank you!

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    What are you detoxing from? Are your liver and kidneys functioning normally?

Also, this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/R36WGF0IR5ND2C and http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=567466
  • MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do it just as a cleanse - purify.... no health issues at all.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do it just as a cleanse - purify.... no health issues at all.

You have a purity system. It's called your lymphatic system. That does all the detoxification you need. Anything else is a waste of money and potentially hazardous to your health.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    They're a scam. If you want to "cleanse", eat a healthy diet with lots of lean protein, fruit, vegetables, and healthy fats. That's all the "cleanse" you need to do.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I thought a foot detox was just making sure to use lots of soap when you wash your feet.
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What Chubby said, they are an absolute scam. Do it yourself at home by throwing some money out the window then running a tub of hot water and chucking some rusty nails in it.
  • MelissaE1214
    MelissaE1214 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LOL - you guys are great. Thank you for the feedback!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,963 Member
    Options
    That's about as close to the wild west covered wagon snake oil as you possibly get. Go for it though, it's only money and it makes the world go round.
  • JBG1987
    Options
    A friend of mine worked at a health food store for a while and they sold these. He told me that these were a total scam and that they react with the sweat and dirt on the surface of your feet. Your liver and kidneys-as stated above-are your detox support.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pure Quackery!!!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Try urinating on your feet, it will detoxify them.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Is this a Dr Oz thread?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Spend your money on a good ol' fashion massage :)

Edit to say... not that a massage detoxes you or anything. It just feels damn good and is a much better way to spend money, imo *LOL*
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The radio DJs did this a few years back... they said the water turned all gross and they felt rejuvinated when it was over. *shrug* It's probably an overpriced, psychosematic thing.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Honey Boo Boo's mama needs this.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Honey Boo Boo's mama needs this.

She needs a lot more than that I'm afraid.
  • wytumbleweed
    Options
    Or get a pedicure! They feel good and your feet look pretty when it's done! :smile: