eating less calories

Options
i'm pretty new to weight loss and excersize still. i have my diet set to lose 2 lbs per week. my calorie goal is 1200 calories a day. i do exersize (though not as much and as regularly as i should) and eat a little less than the 1200 calories that is my goal. if i am doing at least this much, would i be losing every week? i know i should exersize more and i have started to be more regular with it. i know i can't expect results when i don't exersize, but i still feel like i have a big enough calorie deficit to make some of a difference. if you have any advice or input please share it with me. thank you.

Replies

• chantey16
    chantey16 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    noooo...1200 is the bare minimum number of net calories you should eat a day. net calories means food intake - calories burnt from exercise. so if you really want to force yourself to eat as low as 1200 calories...on days where you work out, you MUST eat back the calories you burnt, otherwise you will end up going into starvation mode, as your net calories will be less than 1200.
  • revgosik
    revgosik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Agree with the previous poster. You do not want your body to go into starvation mode. Then you will hold on to everything you eat after a certain point and any losing streak you had will end.
  • jeppenbaugh
    Options
    thank you guys very much.