Looking for some Pals!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a 21 year-old female in university. I've been overweight my entire life and seeing one of my friends lose 130 lbs over the last two years has been my inspiration to finally figure out a way to lose the extra weight and be a happier, more confident person! She uses Weight Watchers. I was going to, but 1) it costs too much for me, on top of the gym membership, 2) I thought it was strange that they get 'free' foods (fruits, veggies).

So, anyway. I wanted to lose some weight first to see how I like MFP before getting a bunch of pals ;) and since January 19, I've lost 8 lbs! (I haven't even started going crazy at the gym yet - for various reasons - but will be next week! Excited to see what happens then!)

I'm looking for people around my age who are willing to be on this journey with me! My goal is to lose 135+ lbs altogether.

Thanks for checking this out - I look forward to getting to know you :)

Larissa

Replies

• spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome! I'm 25 and I'll add you!
  • neverturnback
    Options
    Every pound counts!! I'm 26 and have over 100lbs to lose too and I can use all of the support I can get!! It definitely helps seeing others on the same journey as me!
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Feel free to add me and found this site very motivating. Overweight for much of my childhood due to inactivity and would like to watch/give feedback and support for your journey!
  • ShiishiBou
    Options
    Hey!

Looks like we're in the same kind of situation! I'd love to be friends and share our experiences on this journey together!! I have a lot of weight to lose and a long way to go so i could really use some motivation! :D
  • melmelton193
    Options
    Hey.. I'm actually looking for some pals too, so feel free to add me : ) I just turned 25 and working soo hard to lose my weight.. It's a struggle, but it's so worth it!
  • nicolab91
    Options
    Hey there :) congrats on the weight you've already lost! I'm also 21 and have always been overweight - I've been yoyo dieting since I was about 14. I'd love a new pal - hopefully we can keep each other motivated!
  • missmadejavu
    missmadejavu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    And Welcome.
    23yr old here with about 100lbs to lose. I've been on here for about 3 weeks, always looking for new friends!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I will be 56 this year. I have an open food diary and log daily. I have type 2 diabetes (and hardly have to take my meds now). I do eat 6 times a day. 3 main meals and 3 snacks. I put the times I eat and my FBS in my notes. Feel free to add me :)