TDEE

Options
so i went on this website with a TDEE calculater and i put in my height, weight, age, and how much i work out whick is 3-5 days a week and then i subtracted 500 and it gave me around 2400 . isnt that a bit much ? will that help me to lose weight eating 2400 calories ?

Replies

• tkeers
    tkeers Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ive also been checking out TDEE and im more confused now than ever :( i need help too
  • Tera_M
    Tera_M Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm confused right with y'all!
  • marta07
    marta07 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ive also been checking out TDEE and im more confused now than ever :( i need help too

im so lost lol and ive only lost like 3 pounds in a month so i must be doing something wrong
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me regarding TDEE...I always set it for sedentary and then when I exercise MFP ads in those extra calories burned. I set my TDEE at "lightly active" when I first started and then finaly got a BodyMedia that tracked calories burned 24/7...turned out my "lightly active" was in the "sedentary" range for non-exercise days. I think people really overestimate how active they are.
  • marta07
    Options
    anyone ?
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am extremely confused about it too. I can say for sure that since I switched from 1200 a day to TDEE I have had a lot more energy, but I have gained weight since switching! I'm getting extremely frustrated.
  • marta07
    Options
    i keep looking at different tdee calculater they all say i should eat 2400 .
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Try this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Is 2400 your actual TDEE? If so, you need to be eating under that in order to lose weight. The above link was posted by a member, and it has FABULOUS information that simplifies it for those of us (myself included) that are clueless. I was "stuck" for a few weeks and switched to TDEE - 20% and started dropping again pretty consistently. From what I've seen here, several people have had success using this method.
  • marta07
    Options
    Try this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Is 2400 your actual TDEE? If so, you need to be eating under that in order to lose weight. The above link was posted by a member, and it has FABULOUS information that simplifies it for those of us (myself included) that are clueless. I was "stuck" for a few weeks and switched to TDEE - 20% and started dropping again pretty consistently. From what I've seen here, several people have had success using this method.

this really helped my TDEE is 1800 .. i followed all the steps
  • Tera_M
    Options
    Thanks for the link & info. I followed the caluclations but, I was wondering if someone could take a look at what I've got and let me know if I'm understanding it correctly? Thanks in advance.

Female, age 29, ht 62 in, wt 138 lbs, neck 12.5 in, waist, 28 in, hips 40 in.
    body fat % calculator result = 31.2%
    BMR result based on current wt is 1410 harris-benedict formula & 1303 katch-mcardle formula.
    Light activity 1,939 and bmi of 25.2

1,939 x .20 = 387.8
    1,939-387.8 = 1,551.2 so should this be my calorie intake to lose weight? Or should I use the 1303 from the katch-mcardle formula and subtract 20% from that one?

Any help is appreciated!
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1,939-387.8 = 1,551.2 so should this be my calorie intake to lose weight? Or should I use the 1303 from the katch-mcardle formula and subtract 20% from that one?

Any help is appreciated!
    The K-Mc formula is your BMR...the absolute minimum you should consume. 1551 is what you should be consuming, but never less than 1303.
  • Tera_M
    Options
    Thank you :)