Califlower pizza or pitta bread pizza???

Options
Hi,

Last time I was cutting back I made pitta bread pizzas, slit of pitta bread in half and topped it with tomato purée and lots of veg toppings with low fat cheese, but I have just been reading about cauliflower pizza and was just wondering if anyone had any receipes with nutritional information and recommendations about which is they prefer and why?

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I make mine with pita/mountain bread. I'd guess that cauliflower crust is better nutritionally but for me it isn't worth the extra effort. I guess of you were eating very very low carb it might be but meh
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=249048

I have made the Califlower Pizza Crust. Above is a link to the recipie that I used.

It was ok. Not the greatest (for my taste). I rather use a what grain tortilla as my base, I can get the big tortillas for 80 calories and then top it with what ever I am hungry for.

Good Luck!
  • trudefaith
    trudefaith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have tried the cauliflower pizza crust- and while it tastes pretty good, to me, it just wasn't very pizza like.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I make personal size pizzas all the time using India rotis. They are so good and I get them free at work when I work late. If I run out of rotis I use split pita breads and they're great.

I tried that cauliflower recipe and wasn't blown away by it. You have to add a lot of cheese to the "crust" so I'm not sure it's better for you than a whole wheat, very thin, split pita. Plus, you get more of a crunch with the pitas and you can do them in a toaster oven obviously.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I've been making pizzas with Flatout Wraps...it's my latest craving. I haven't made the cauliflower crust; seems a lot of work and I'm into easy, quick satisfaction! lol My whole pizza would be less than 500 cals (I do love cheese).