Guilty about break day

Options
Am I the only one that feels guilty when I take a break for one day from exercise?....LOL...

Replies

• CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    NO your not... I feel guilty also... but i keep reminding myself that the body does need at least a day to rest!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    No you're definitely not the only one! I always feel guilty if I skip a day at the gym. But, I'd rather feel really guilty as I do now rather then always putting off going to the gym and NEVER going last fall/winter :) I think it's good that you feel guilty because it means you're motivated to do well!
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    i think we all feel guilty if we have a break day. Like today i have walked 6 miles, but done no cardio and feel guilty now that i havent done no cardio, but then i think to myself well i done cadio yesterday and my walk was at a quick pace.
    so no you shouldnt feel guilty for a break - our bodies need time to recover.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I hate going a day without exercise - I feel like I'm letting myself down! I know I need a day of rest at least, but I do zumba on mondays, tuesday, wednesday and saturday, I run on tuesday, thursday and sunday, and sometimes have friday off (when i dont have an impromptu get together with friends and family to host our own zumba party, like tonight!) I just feel better when i've gotten off my butt to do something good for myself!
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've only been at this for almost 3 weeks now and I haven't taken a break day yet. (I started with the Shred which is a 30 day program). I dread the idea of not working out b/c then I'll have to make do with eating less calories. :(
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If I don't get to have a dedicated workout on my break day, I try to make up for it with other activities like walking around the mall (I'll do a lap of the whole mall even if I'm not going to stores in that section) or hang out with my very active cousins. That way I'm not a complete lump on the couch on my day off, but my body is getting a rest and burning a few extra calories. I totally log my shopping trips as leisurely walking... hehe
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty 'cause I end up walking around a lot (it's usually my date night that I rest just because time doesn't allow it) but I do feel weird and kind of sad when I have to rest, but I know my body needs it.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Yes! Even if I am active all day long I feel so guilty!