Pancake Day Ideas

Options
Hey,

I am a student living in halls and my hall is celebrating pancake day next week. I don't want to miss out because of the diet so want to find a compromise. I have already read about Greek yogurt pancakes, which seem quite tempting, but I was just wondering if anyone had any other good ideas or receipes (not too difficult or expensive) with the relevant nutrition?

PS do you have to use Greek yogurt, can you make natural yogurt pancakes?

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    There is a post on mfp with pics, 1 mashed banana and 2 eggs. Cook like pancakes. Top with e.d. smith sugar fee syrup
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Crush a gnar workout and enjoy real, delicious pancakes.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I am a student living in halls and my hall is celebrating pancake day next week. I don't want to miss out because of the diet so want to find a compromise. I have already read about Greek yogurt pancakes, which seem quite tempting, but I was just wondering if anyone had any other good ideas or receipes (not too difficult or expensive) with the relevant nutrition?

PS do you have to use Greek yogurt, can you make natural yogurt pancakes?

I mix 1/4 dry rolled oats with 3 egg whites and cook it in a pan with a tad bit of coconut oil (you could use any good fat for that part). I call it a pancake but usually don't add butter or maple syrup or fresh fruit but you could.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/797202-two-ingredient-pancakes-to-die-for?hl=pancake

I've done the 1 banana, 1 egg and 2 tbs nut butter. Lower cal if you don't use the nut butter.
  • lauraluu21
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes - 2 oz. cream cheese , 2 eggs, 1 pack Stevia or sweetener, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Blend together and let rest for 2 minutes. This makes 4 pancakes. The whole batch is 344 calories, 29g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 17g protein. These and some sugar free syrup and you're good to go! Just look at the pics on this blog.....YUM

Credit to ibreatheimhungry blog : http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html