what is zig zagging????

Options
GiGi76
GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
ive seen on here were some people are talking about zig zagging and i would like to know what this is and how it works!!! Thanks

Replies

• elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It’s when you eat maintenance or close to it for a day or two a week or even less I suppose. It’s to kind of give your metabolism a boost and keep it from slowing down do to low calorie intake during cutting calories.Helps you avoid a plateau.

Mon=1200
    Tue=1200
    Wed=1800
    Thur=1200
    Fri=1200
    Sat=1200
    Sun=1500
    Repeat
    Just an example
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    oooh, so when i go over a little bit instead of saying I messed up I can say I zig zagged on purpose? :tongue:
    First time I have heard of this...is this when you are closer to your goal?

It’s when you eat maintenance or close to it for a day or two a week or even less I suppose. It’s to kind of give your metabolism a boost and keep it from slowing down do to low calorie intake during cutting calories.Helps you avoid a plateau.

Mon=1200
    Tue=1200
    Wed=1800
    Thur=1200
    Fri=1200
    Sat=1200
    Sun=1500
    Repeat
    Just an example
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    What she said /\

go here
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

enter your information and click the 7 day calorie cycle at the bottom to get your zig zag colories
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks for the post....i was wondering that myself! :happy:
  • vinjama
    vinjama Posts: 52
    Options
    oooh, so when i go over a little bit instead of saying I messed up I can say I zig zagged on purpose? :tongue:
    First time I have heard of this...is this when you are closer to your goal?

Mon=1200
    Tue=1200
    Wed=1800
    Thur=1200
    Fri=1200
    Sat=1200
    Sun=1500
    Repeat
    Just an example

it's for when you think you've hit a plateau. It's one trick you can try to help break through
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What she said /\

go here
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

enter your information and click the 7 day calorie cycle at the bottom to get your zig zag colories
    Interesting site - it's allowing me quite a few more calories per day than MFP. Good to know for those days I feel guilty about going over here!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Quote from that site:

"Calorie cycling provides same amount of calories per week, but 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories. This helps to prevent or break plateaus."

I think this is the point. So it isn't just that you are going over one day and not the next, it is that you still get the same amount PER WEEK, just some days more, and some days less. So you could alter it yourself in that way if you don't want to use their calories.

They give me over 200 more cals than MFP does, but my guess is that it is because here I want to lose 2 lbs. a week and there it would be only losing 1 lb. per week. So if you like those numbers better... maybe adjust your goals a bit on here?
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Thanks you everyone for all the info!!! :happy: