Cleaning your pipes!

Options
I know its not a topic that we dont think about or want to talk about. However, I have been so good on my workouts as well as eating making sure I log it all. Someone just asked me if I also recommend cleaning the pipes out . I was like, OH man your asking the wrong person. I know nothing about it. I did mention that I was going to post it as a discussion on my www.myfitnesspal.com and see what comes back. Does anyone know of a product that they recommend , natural I assume to do just that? Please dont by shy to share!

Msoria 20

Replies

• chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Vegetables. Nothing else. Don't get that artificial crap to, well, crap. Eat green leafy veggies and you will be fine.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Not just vegetables but lots of water too!

Just thought I'd add that in. As soon as I started drinking more water my *ahem* issues cleared up... and so did my pipes.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but definitely a witness! I'm taking what's called Super Lax from a natural brand called Common Sense. If interested, the website is: www.commonsenseherbs.com. They're 100% natural and oh so effective! It is so extremely important to cleanse the inside of your body and this will do the trick for me. Most importantly, it doesn't give you that belly-aching, oh-no gotta-go-in-a-hurry kind of feeling. I take 4 in the morning and 4 at night and its working perfectly. Herbalists say we should really all go the way babies go: after every meal. Do you want to know why they go after every meal and we don't? Because their digestive track is new and clean. And that should be our mission, to have it just as clean. And 'sniffles' brought up the most important factor to trying anything: WATER, WATER, WATER, ALL DAY LONG. :0) I hope my opinion helps anyone out there.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but definitely a witness! I'm taking what's called Super Lax from a natural brand called Common Sense. If interested, the website is: www.commonsenseherbs.com. They're 100% natural and oh so effective! It is so extremely important to cleanse the inside of your body and this will do the trick for me. Most importantly, it doesn't give you that belly-aching, oh-no gotta-go-in-a-hurry kind of feeling. I take 4 in the morning and 4 at night and its working perfectly. Herbalists say we should really all go the way babies go: after every meal. Do you want to know why they go after every meal and we don't? Because their digestive track is new and clean. And that should be our mission, to have it just as clean. And 'sniffles' brought up the most important factor to trying anything: WATER, WATER, WATER, ALL DAY LONG. :0) I hope my opinion helps anyone out there.
    So it's a good thing to "go" after every meal????
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    I do cleanses from time to time. Never anything artificial tho.

Doing all veggies and water for a few days is a pretty good cleanse. Some people like to do juice fasts. You basically make fresh juices and smoothies for about a week. That works by resting the digestive system and still providing proper nutrition. You should always follow a specific plan when doing this so that you balance the nutrients properly. You don't want to juice all fruits and send your blood sugar out of control, and you don't want to use anything artificial.

There are other ways that are more intensive, but people bash, so I no longer discuss it on here. What I do is pretty intensive, but I always consult with a doctor and I've always been successful and never had any problems. If you want to ask, you can inbox me. I'd be happy to share what I know.

Holly
  • Melky6
    Melky6 Posts: 2
    Options
    I agreed with veggies, water, and you can also add fiber. I like to mix a 1/2 cup of all bran with yogurt.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    [
    So it's a good thing to "go" after every meal????

Heck yeah! Ask any Vegan and they will tell you. We poop like crazy! LOL 3-4 times per day!
  • wantmycurvesback
    Options
    If I had to go everytime I ate, that would definately be an incentive for me not to stuff my face all day long, lol.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised how many times this topic has actually come up the last week or so. For me, coffee, almonds, and whole grains work the best. I changed my fiber goal to 25g per day and if I get at least 20, I'm good, can go after every meal. :happy: Hope that helps!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Leorey - The Shakeology sample I sent you is an excellent way to remain regular...and totally natural. You saw the ingredient list. Regularity is definitely one of the benefits.
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    At Raleys in the health food section there is a Chinese tea called Super Slimming Tea/diet tea By Triple Leaf and comes in a red box. Brew some up at night, but make sure you aren't going anywhere the next day, it works!! They also have a Detox. I haven't tried that one,
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    I mix a big handful of spinach with strawberries and blueberries in a blender with green tea or Pom juice. After a week of that for breakfast every morning... not to share TMI but, like 3 times/day. :blushing:
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I vote for the veggies/fruit route. 6 weeks ago I switched to a raw/living food diet but still drink milk and have a cooked meal once a week (twice if my husband has his way). I was constantly running to the bathroom. Good thing I have a job that allows me to run to the bathroom whenever I need or I wouldn't have made it through that period.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    In my opinion, the best thing to take is a Magnesium supplement. I take one from Nature's Life. It's really inexpensive. Most of us are magnesium deficient. It's a great muscle relaxer and can even help people with headaches because of it's relaxing qualities. It helps relax the muscles in the colon and sphincter which is why it helps "clean the pipes". I usually tell people to take one at night with water and if that doesn't work, increase by one each night until you poop like crazy. You'll know if you take too much because it'll be really loose and you'll go too much, then just back off. It's totally safe, not stimulant, so your body won't get dependent on it, but you can take it every day.

I usually take one to two a night. My husband takes three a night and if he doesn't, he has major issues. It works like a charm! I'm a big fan.

PS - I worked in a health food store for many years and we sold SO many different types of products and also helped people with cleanses, but this is what I always found to be the most reliable and safe.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    high fiber veggies, fruit and caffeine.

I drink one cup of black coffee in the morning, veggies at lunch and dinner and about 6-8 servings of fruit throughout the day. I poo every time I go to the bathroom (and I drink A LOT of water so I go to the bathroom A LOT)
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend flax seeds. I use dash o' flax (grounded). I sprinkle it on my food and it works like a champ! My hubby can't use it because he says it works too well. LOL
  • leorey20
    leorey20 Posts: 9
    Options
    I had been working on finals which got very intense for me. I just wanted to thank everyone for your response, It really helped. Thank You all.

Rey Rey
  • ImGettingFit
    Options
    :smile: