13»

Replies

• laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The two numbers from the thing are:

BMR: 1385
    TDEE: 1904

That's with 1-3 days of exercise, since that is what I'm usually getting right now. I hope to eventually hit 3-5 days.
  • LindsayLL30
    LindsayLL30 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it might be more mental than phisycal - are you hungry, or do you just feel like snacking? I know the very second I walk into my parent's house I want to eat... but it's not because I'm hungry, it's something psychological about that house. Which means it's a matter of self control and changing habits.

I agree...and sometime boredome leads to eating too!
  • laurensayz
    Options
    Also, I am tired often because I am anemic. I am working on that as well. I can't take the iron tablets because they make me feel sick and all I do is lay in bed. So that doesn't help my exercise.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling the urge to snack, and I know I'm not hungry, I'll drink a cup of tea. I don't know why, but it usually works for me. By the time I finish drinking it the cravings have pretty much gone away.

Ohhhh i think ill give this a go! :-) Not only does the hot water help fill you up, but it gives you time to deliberate if you're truly hungry. Good thinking!
  • crickette0435
    Options
    Snack on pumpkin seeds. They carve your appetite and take a while to eat, before you know it you have snacked until your next meal without adding many calories.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Also, I am tired often because I am anemic. I am working on that as well. I can't take the iron tablets because they make me feel sick and all I do is lay in bed. So that doesn't help my exercise.

Okay, lets kill a couple of birds with one stone. First, start off by eating iron rich foods, such as spinach and beans. Red meat if you eat red meat. Up your calorie goal to 1600 per day, PLUS at least half of your exercise calories. Do this for a couple of weeks and see how you FEEL. Nutrition is more important than weight for you right now.

What you are doing to yourself is not healthy. The way you feel is proof. Make smoothies to get the greens in you if you have a hard time eating them. I have facebook page with lots of healthy recipes as well as great smoothie ideas if you would like to check it out: https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i know what your talking about! it is eating out of boredom. if there was a cure for this, many of us would not be on here. the water idea is a good idea and i never thought about trying that. i have not been working. so i trick myself and just grab a protein bar and go to the gym first thing in the morning. but with your baby, i understand that is not easy for you. but if im home in the morning, i make a pretty much the same things. oatmeal topped with half a thing of lowfat yogurt and then with fruit or granola. then i will have a low cal snack just a couple hours later. if i eat a little more often and plan my snacks it seems to work. but its a work in progress and im not perfect everyday.
  • crickette0435
    Options
    Try Eboost it is the bomb, I drink a glass every morning it really helps with my daily vitamins and energy. Make sure you are sipping on water all day.
  • ldjames69
    ldjames69 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try eating foods that have a good amount of fiber if you are just hungry. Snacking times fruits and veggies are good choices. For me I chew sugar free gum (still 5 calories) so I don't eat things like chips, etc. I think I just need to have something in my mouth so I alot for that in my caloric intake. I drink really cold water or water with flavoring. Being diabetic, I want something sweet at times so I use the gum mostly but when I want a chocolate fix, I eat small piece of dark chocolate. You can do a quick search for healthy snacks and see what you can find there as well. I am picky too.
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If it's not hunger, consider not eating rather than finding something else to eat. Drink some water and find something to do to keep your hands and mind busy.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Okay, lets kill a couple of birds with one stone. First, start off by eating iron rich foods, such as spinach and beans. Red meat if you eat red meat. Up your calorie goal to 1600 per day, PLUS at least half of your exercise calories. Do this for a couple of weeks and see how you FEEL. Nutrition is more important than weight for you right now.

What you are doing to yourself is not healthy. The way you feel is proof.

^^this^^

Step away from the scale. If you don't feel good and are hungry all the time and are anemic... it sounds like you're simply not eating enough healthy food to feed your body. If you eat 1600 calories per day, you won't gain weight. For now. For the next couple weeks, eat lots of vegies and whole grains and lean meats. Once you start feeling good, you'll have more energy to work out.
  • laurensayz
    Options
    Anyone want to look at todays diary and tell me how it looks so far? I haven't had dinner yet so it will definitely go up. I always have a decent sized dinner.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    water...lots of water
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You tell us. How do you FEEL?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to look at todays diary and tell me how it looks so far? I haven't had dinner yet so it will definitely go up. I always have a decent sized dinner.

Do you know how to cook from scratch? It does not look bad BUT, it would be better (and cheaper) if you made the things like grilled chicken and meat balls from scratch.

Try to get some iron rich leafy greens in you if possible, like spinach and kale. If you do not like them, try to have them in a smoothie, you actually can not taste the greens in smoothies if you do it right.

There are lots of great sites now that have good recipes with pictures with all the steps. If you need help, let me know, I will be happy to help you.

L

PS: check this page for lots of smoothie ideas as well as albums of pictorial recipes https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet
  • martinh78
    Options
    The thing that jumps out to me looking back over some of your diary (hard to know what some of the food is looking at it from the UK!) is the lack of veggies. Frozen peas are a great addition to meals, really quick and simple and always to hand. Go well with omlettes, chicken, stir fry, soups etc.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots! You can eat as many as you want and they are practically calorie free. I eat them all day long because I just want something to eat even if I'm not that hungry. That got me to stop eating so much in between meals.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a boredom eating problem, so I feel for you. Your diary looks ok to me. I mean, you could eat more veggies but eh that's a tough sell to some people. :wink: I agree with the people who say to drink water, chew gum, and eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day. Have scheduled meal and snack times. Some good boredom low cal snack ideas are raw veggies, frozen grapes, string cheese. If you feel the urge to snack, ask yourself if you are really hungry, or if you are just bored. Good luck!
  • martinh78
    Options
    One of the reasons I suggested peas is vitamin C. You say you ar aneamic, your body needs vitamin c to aid the absorbtion of iron.