What are some fitness certification online schools?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
I am interested in getting my fitness certification so I can become a trainer. I have been searching the web for schools, but there are so many of them I am not sure where to start. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps someone who has done and got their certs online? I would really appreciate it!!

Replies

• Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Anxious to find out the answer to this myself......BUMP
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I think Ace is better if youre looking for home based. You have so many options with their Home Study program. You can choose 12 or 20 weeks. Or do it at you own pace and take the exam when you're ready. I did 8 weeks but my degree is in Health Information so I have a little prior knowledge in Anatomy and medical terminology. I'm on week 4 with ACE and it's overwhelming. I wish I would've scheduled the exam for 12 weeks. :/ But that's my fault. Good luck girl!

Oh and there's a website that list the top certifications google "9 best personal training certifications"
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    thanks girl! im gonna check that!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    This group is probably actually better than ACE and other places. http://www.nsca.com/Home/

The CSCS and other certifications they offer are very well recognized.
  • SPNLuver83
    Options
    thanks Nick!! :)
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    NASM!! They have a great deal going on right now that you can do monthly payments. :)
  • Foren6chick
    Options
    I agree NASM is def the way to go. I am starting school to get certified myself! I work at a gym and my boss looks for NASM over ACE but thats just her gym. Every gym is different! I don't know of any online programs but most of them are self study.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wanted to respond to this last night but wasn't on the cpu where I have this link saved.

http://www.starting-a-personal-training-business.com/personal-training-certification-school.html

That's a pretty good site with a ton of stuff about becoming a PT. That particular page has a listing of about 10 schools with price, prerequisites, exam info, etc. Incredibly comprehensive, IMO.

The Action cert probably won't get you much traction in the industry, but they WILL give you the entire textbook for free online, if you want to get access to study materials. I downloaded it for free in the pdf but found it much more readable in Kindle form, which they do charge $10 for.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LBJordan99
    LBJordan99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pip_squeak
    Pip_squeak Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump