Healthy meat and potatoes?

mrfrodogetdown
mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
How can you cook meat and potatoes in a healthy way? SO needs meat and potatoes with every meal, pretty much. I enjoy it, but don't eat many potatoes - but I'd still like a decent way to make them. I bake them, boil them, mash them, roast them, fry them... I loove potatoes. But I'd love to know a decent way to make them!

And meat- what are some healthy ways to make meat? I get bored of fish and grilled chicken after a while. We just got a George Foreman, so I'm pretty pleased...

Replies

• Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    I would try mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes. I am trying this tonight, and I hear it is unbelievable and many people prefer it to potatoes.

As for the meat as long as you eat the correct portion and account for it you will be fine. Add lots of spices to it rather than marinades
  • Hkruse11
    Hkruse11 Posts: 13 Member
    Cauliflower potatoes are awesome! I boil my cauliflower until it's mush, drain it, and then mix in a carton of cream cheese. Pretty close to the same consistancy as mashed potatoes. If you want you can throw in a bit of lite ranch dressing to help with flavor.