Endomondo

Options
Morning All

Anyone on here use Endomondo to track their runs/ bike rides? If so add me, and we can see what challenges/ targets we can set.

PM me and I'll give you my details.

Have fun!!

Replies

• onebeer
    onebeer Posts: 36
    Options
    Bump, as I cant believe on my own here .... :embarassed:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    What is Endomondo?
  • onebeer
    Options
    www.endomondo,com

Sorry

I've found it a really helpful tool for recording runs/ bike rides I have done - calculates your calorie burn / pace/ distance, allows you to set challenges for yourself and friends. But mainly I use it to 'compete' against my own pb times. When other people join, you can see there runs etc which may give you ideas, and you can do the support thing on there as well. Its probably the same as mapmyrun, or others of the same ilk.
  • sniffles
    Options
    It's just for people with Garmin watches then?

I'd totally sign up! It sounds fun. Plus I love a little healthy competition. ;)
  • onebeer
    Options
    No, if you go on their site, there are a whole host of mobile phones to which you can download the GPS toy part of it

...and competition is fun :)
  • sniffles
    Options
    I could have just went to their site and signed up but I'm a bit daft sometimes.

Whoops!

My phone is included - I will be signing up because it sounds like fun! :)

My internet isn't working at the moment though so it might be a few days before I log on properly, but when I do we should be Endo friends!

Do you run or bike? Because if you bike you'll probably beat me in mileage.
  • sniffles
    Options
    PS: I was trying to use a pedometer to figure out A: how far I was running and B: how many steps I was taking but the daft thing is WAY off base I'm SURE because it had me at 10000 steps! And almost 4miles. PSHT I say. I'd take a GPS reading anyday over that silliness.
  • onebeer
    Options
    I do both - I bike 6 miles each way to the train station 3 times a week, and try to run at least once a week, although the last couple have been a bit lapse...

The other good thing I've found with it, is that it lets you know when it has *locked* on to you, thus you can start your run knowing that you are being tracked.

Let me know when you are up and running....

And any others out there ..... come and join us!
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This looks pretty cool I run and bike outside alot and I have the nike plus but it only works for running. I'll have to try the site out!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Morning All

Anyone on here use Endomondo to track their runs/ bike rides? If so add me, and we can see what challenges/ targets we can set.

PM me and I'll give you my details.

Have fun!!

I just discovered Endomondo and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I use CardioTrainer currently. I tried Endo but it crashed my phone so i just went back to using CT.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I haven't had any issues with Endomondo crashing my phone... I am currently looking for a good HRM belt to use via bluetooth... Any suggestions?
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    What about Run Keeper? It supports almost every sport and android, iphone, and symbian can use it.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I have a BlackBerry and there is no RunKeeper app... That is how I ran across Endomondo... I was trying to find something comparable to RunKeeper... I LOVE Endomondo and have encouraged my fitness friends to downloaded it...and they have and love it :happy:

I just really, really am at a loss on purchasing a HRM belt with bluetooth capabilities... So many to chose from... I'm LOST :ohwell:
  • rea1980
    rea1980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have downloaded it and spent some time at their site the other day. I plan on using it now that is getting warmer out and I can move my workouts outside. I will definantly do some challenges with people here, PM me.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    And how awesome that this thread laid dormant for so long and now has found new life :laugh:

But seriously, someone give me some HRM info.... Puh-LEEEEEZZZZE :bigsmile:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    kandyjo - Just ran across you on this thread too.... Are you still looking for a HRM? I know two of that I have researched and have had good reviews.

1) Zypher Technologies HxM™ Bluetooth™ ($99)

http://www.zephyr-technology.com/consumer-hxm

2) Polar WearLink®+ transmitter with Bluetooth®

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/Polar_WearLink_transmitter_with_Bluetooth

Both are also in the Endomondo Store but I already bought the Zypher.

Hope this helps.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    kandyjo - Just ran across you on this thread too.... Are you still looking for a HRM? I know two of that I have researched and have had good reviews.

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/Polar_WearLink_transmitter_with_Bluetooth

Hope this helps.

Thanks, CountryDevil! I've pretty much settled on the Polar ;) Haven't gotten it yet... may go this weekend and see what I can find... If that leads nowhere, I'll order one online! Thanks again!! :wink:
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    Options

Hope this helps.

Thanks, CountryDevil! I've pretty much settled on the Polar ;) Haven't gotten it yet... may go this weekend and see what I can find... If that leads nowhere, I'll order one online! Thanks again!! :wink:

I may be mistaken and/or the status may have changed, but when I was researching bluetooth HRM options, the Polar with bluetooth was only available from one specific online distributor, no retail sales. I've known of a couple of people who made the mistake of buying the Polar "Wearlink +" instead of the "Wearlink + Bluetooth" - 2 very different products, the regular one does not have the bluetooth radio in it, so won't work w/ phone apps. (and as a side note, the one WITH bluetooth does not talk to regular cardio equipment or Polar watches)
  • kandyjo
    Options

Hope this helps.

I may be mistaken and/or the status may have changed, but when I was researching bluetooth HRM options, the Polar with bluetooth was only available from one specific online distributor, no retail sales. I've known of a couple of people who made the mistake of buying the Polar "Wearlink +" instead of the "Wearlink + Bluetooth" - 2 very different products, the regular one does not have the bluetooth radio in it, so won't work w/ phone apps. (and as a side note, the one WITH bluetooth does not talk to regular cardio equipment or Polar watches)

Oh... ok, thanks for the info.... Yeah, I would have probably made that mistake also.... Thanks!! :drinker: