Chicken Breasts

Options
I live in midwest and it is too dang cold to grill chicken breasts right now. I need some other ideas!

Replies

• ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Do you not have a range or a oven?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Pan fry or bake 'em?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Put them in the oven, put it in a pan, chop it up and stir fry it, put it in a crockpot, boil it than shred... tons of ways.
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Get out the George Foreman grill !
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1. Put them in the broiler.
    2. Butterfly them and spread garlic and herbs inside and bake
    3. Cut a slit in the side and stuff with low fat cheese, then cover in reduced sodium or home made marinara
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Why can't you grill 'em?

I live in central Canada, and unless it is our extreme temps of -49F we grill all year round.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    the other night my husband tossed some breasts in with a can of Pregresso recipe starters portabello mushroom and cooked until done, then tossed it all with some linguine and steamed baby bok choy. was amazing!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Who says you have to grill it? There are dozens of other ways to cook chicken breast.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why can't you grill 'em?

I live in central Canada, and unless it is our extreme temps of -49F we grill all year round.

This also! We live in Canada and last time my husband BBQ'd it was in the minus temps and there was over a foot of snow on the ground.
  • coastalpines
    Options
    This is my new recipe for chicken: http://coastalpines.blogspot.com/2013/02/mexican-chicken-parm.html

You can skip the rice, sour cream and guac, but the chicken itself is delish!
  • maa59115
    maa59115 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just bake them, just as good.
  • kbodnaruk
    Options
    I buy skinless boneless chicken and look up healthy recipes for crock pot chicken - I LOVE cooking in the crockpot! The chicken gets so moist that you can either leave it as a breast or shred it up - depending on what the recipe calls for. but it is wonderful!!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    There's 2 things I do with chicken breasts a lot:

3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
    1 Jar Newman's Own Hot Salsa (I choose Newmans because it's lower in sodium than most other commercial salsas)

Put the chicken breasts in a crock pot, dump the jar of salsa over them, and cook on low 8-10 hours or High 4-6 hours.
    When done, shred the chicken and mix with the salsa left in the crock pot
    NOTE: I've found that even using medium salsa, these will come out almost flavorless. Even if you dont like hot salsa, it's necessary in this recipe (for me anyway), and will not end up hot.

"Greek" Chicken
    3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
    Juice and Zest from 1 lemon
    a bit of chicken stock (+/- 1/2 cup)
    a few sliced onions
    Parsley
    2-10 cloves of minced garlic
    Olive Oil

Brown the chicken breasts and remove to a baking dish
    Sautee onions, add garlic, sautee 2 more minutes, add lemon zest, juice, stock and parsley, simmer for a couple more minutes, and dump over the chicken.
    Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-30 mins.
  • sullus
    Options
    Why can't you grill 'em?

^^ This. I live in New England, and a snow brush is hanging with the grill tools.
  • sullus
    Options
    Also .. if you like grilled, remember that a broiler is just an upside-down grill. And you get better control and more consistent results. I'll broil when it's too windy to grill (extreme hot and cold spots on the grill in decent winds)
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    In the UK what we call a grill is what you'd call a broiler and I use this to cook chicken all the time.

You can cook chicken breast practically anyway you can think of!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thrift store George Foremans are like $5.
  • bluemoon551
    bluemoon551 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The way I do them on the stove is: Marinade the chicken. Sear it on one side. Flip it and deglaze the pan, cover with a lid and steam on low for 10 minutes.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Ever do foil dinners? Chicken breast, onion, mushroom soup, etc., sealed up in a foil packed and cooked in the oven for an hour. Pretty good:)
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have a counter grill that does it just like an outside BBQ grill and it's safe for inside.

It's kinda like this one only longer and no lid.
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=13107939