Babywearing?

Options
Anyone know of a calculator where you can figure out how many calories are burned by wearing your baby? I know it counts as weight-bearing exercise. I don't want to use hiking or anything like that.... I'm pretty much just continuing my day while baby is in the moby.... housework, cooking, etc.

Replies

• bridgetzc
    bridgetzc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump. Wondering the same thing.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    If it's a daily thing, the common suggestion will be to up your activity level. =)

How heavy is your little one?
  • bcumak
    bcumak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The only thing I found under cardio was "Walking, carrying infant or 15-lb load", but nothing for just wearing the baby around the house. For me I found that when I tried to give myself credit for wearing my baby, breast feeding, etc..I just ended up gaining weight. When I only calculated in "actual" exercise that was when I lost. I know all of us are different, I hope you are lucky and loose this way:)
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a calculator where you can figure out how many calories are burned by wearing your baby? I know it counts as weight-bearing exercise. I don't want to use hiking or anything like that.... I'm pretty much just continuing my day while baby is in the moby.... housework, cooking, etc.
    Your weight in KG x 3 (the met Value for walking carrying a baby) x minutes doing the activity
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    For me I found that when I tried to give myself credit for wearing my baby, breast feeding, etc..I just ended up gaining weight. When I only calculated in "actual" exercise that was when I lost. I know all of us are different, I hope you are lucky and loose this way:)

This! This is me exactly!!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you consistently do it, I wouldn't count it, for the same reason an overweight person doesn't track "carrying 20lbs of extra fat - x hours". Your body adjusts.

Breastfeeding, on the other hand? I wouldn't track it as extra exercise, but I would manually increase my calorie allowance to 1800 (the standard minimum).