16oz = 1 lb (A New Approach to Weight Loss)

Options
How long can you hold a gallon of water (8.35 lbs), 1/2 gallon of OJ (4.3 lbs), a 33oz of water (2 lbs), 20oz iced tea (1.5 lbs), & 16oz of fruit juice (1 lb), before your body begged to let the weight go? That's 17.15 lbs total...it doesn't seem like much, but try carrying it for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! A new perspective (ounces to weight) - shrinking by the gallons!!!

My 10 lbs = one gallon of water & one 33oz. bottle of water ... gone and not missed!!! :)

Be creative...what would you put in your "bag" that measures up to the pounds you have lost?

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I love looking at fat from this kind of perspective :)

My mini goals are to a) lose a Mackenna (my 2 year old's weight lol) b) lose a Samantha (my 4 year olds weight) and finally to lose two kids (both combined) :D

When I pick up one of the girls, I can't believe I used to (almost) carry THAT MUCH fat around!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Potatoes.....I always think of the 10 pound sacks of potatoes at the grocery store and how heavy they are.
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My youngest son is 65 pounds. I am about 5 pounds away from his total weight. I pick him up to see what I have lost.
  • annegirl
    annegirl Posts: 13
    Options
    My dad always thinks of it as losing a 16oz steak, or a pound of butter. It's really gross to think about carrying that around on my body. It makes me want to lose the weight even more.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just think simply when I do cardio and having my niece holding on to me or weights from the gym in a backpack. For ****z and gigglez I grabbed my backpack and put in 42 lbs and tried to run... that is exhausting!
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the sacks of potatoes at the store the other day! Even small losses like the 8 pounds I have so far is a lot, if you were to pick up a something weighing 8 pounds and carry it ALL day!
  • 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    I love looking at fat from this kind of perspective :)

My mini goals are to a) lose a Mackenna (my 2 year old's weight lol) b) lose a Samantha (my 4 year olds weight) and finally to lose two kids (both combined) :D

When I pick up one of the girls, I can't believe I used to (almost) carry THAT MUCH fat around!!!

How much do the kids weigh? Those are ideas - 16oz steak, 1 lb of butter...it really makes me visualize the weight.
    I like the idea of running with the weights...that must have been tiring!!!
  • loseitlaney
    loseitlaney Posts: 14
    Options
    100 quarter pound cheeseburgers!

Wow that makes me feel great!
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    100 quarter pound cheeseburgers!

Wow that makes me feel great!

That is awesome haha!
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    Last night I made some baked Bannock. It was baked in a 9"x13" baking dish, and cut into 28 squares measuring approximately 2"x2". I calculated the calories for the entire pan, then divided by 28 .. resulting in each square having roughly 110 calories and 5 grams of fat. I thought that was a little odd, considering I used a half pound of lard for the entire recipe. A half pound!!

That is how I like to measure fat. With lard! Since the middle of March, I have lost about 12 pounds. I imagine what it would be like to whip up 12 1-pound bricks of lard in a bowl, then slather it over my body .. or maybe just over those parts where it likes to settle the most, like my face or tummy. :noway: That's a LOT OF LARD!
  • 4me2sibiai
    Options
    100 cheeseburgers... If you had 100 cheeseburgers stacked straight it would be taller than you if they were FULL size burgers!
    a bag of potatoes...Maybe a potato belt as a new fad???? LOL!
    12 lbs of lard... Yes, maybe a day spa can have the new "Lard spread" rather than laying in mud??? (That made ME cringe just thinking of that!)

These are GREAT visuals!!! Thank you and please keep them coming!!!

EEEKKK...no
  • 4me2sibiai
    Options
    Just weighed in today...down 4 lbs (total 14 lbs = reached my first mini goal -> A 14 lb box of cat litter!!!