Newbie and feeling like this is impossible

gonolesgirl
gonolesgirl Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I am 35 years old. I am a Type 1 diabetic. As many of you know insulin and weightloss do not go hand in hand :smile: I know it can happen and I am going to work hard. I have been working hard. I just thought I might find some support here with others who may be in similar situations. Good luck all. I hope to meet some great people.

Replies

• Hi. I am 35 years old. I am a Type 1 diabetic. As many of you know insulin and weightloss do not go hand in hand :smile: I know it can happen and I am going to work hard. I have been working hard. I just thought I might find some support here with others who may be in similar situations. Good luck all. I hope to meet some great people.
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    :flowerforyou: welcome
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Although not everyone will be in exactly your position, you will definitely find support. We all like to be educated on different types of issues that others are dealing with and give our 2 cents worth and learn something in the process. Welcome
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I don't believe it is impossible. You can do this and you'll have our support every step of the way. Stay positive, ok? It may be hard, but you CAN do this.

Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: From all the things I have read so far about diabetis( type 2 runs in the family) I think this is the best way to go. You are supposed to eat 4 to 6 small meals a day, cut out the processed carbs ( white bread, pasta, sugar and some starches) and replace with veggies and whole wheat and other grains. I have been here for a little over 4 weeks and I love my new way of life. I do 30 min of cardio , 15 min of streching and 15 min of toning 4 to 6 times a week. Even so I can't see a big difference in my weight yet, I have lots more energie and I feel better. The only thing I completly cut out is fried food ( didn't care for it that much anyway but if I have a craving for it I would fit it in my calories for the day) . The only thing I would advise is make sure you eat bevore exercising , something light ( I have a light yogurt with cereal in the morning).By the way I'm older and have about twice as much to loose:sad: but I'm not going to give up, even when it becomes hard....
    So here's to loosing:drinker:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Hi. I am 35 years old. I am a Type 1 diabetic. As many of you know insulin and weightloss do not go hand in hand :smile: I know it can happen and I am going to work hard. I have been working hard. I just thought I might find some support here with others who may be in similar situations. Good luck all. I hope to meet some great people.

I work for an Endocrinologist and his specialty is diabetic patients, and trust me....its VERY possible! Its all about managing calories and carbs, I dont know if you're on a pump or not but it is very very possible, its just alot of work! haha...good luck! feel free to message me!
This discussion has been closed.