Scale is not budging, any suggestions?

Options
Hello all, I currently am on my journey to lose weight, live a long, become more healthy, and happy life. I've started MFP since July 2012 at my highest weight 373lbs and now currently 307lbs. I have accomplished a lot within the timeframe and going to continue to stick with it. For about 2 weeks the scale has not really budge. I have been working out just about everyday with aerobics, walking the treadmill, and dancing. I currently intake 1200-1300 calories a day and burn upon working out. Is it that I need to intake more calories a day or increase my workout timing which is currently 30-45 mins. I'm open to any suggestions. Please help! I so want to be in the 2's by the end of this month.

Replies

• kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the weight loss!

I would increase your calories a little maybe change the types of food you are eating if you are like me and always eat the same stuff, and change your workout routine. It could be your body is just used to what you have been doing. When I see my body not changing or the scale changing I change EVERYTHING up. Its always worked for me. :)
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    try drinking a gallon of water a day..
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion. Starting today I am going to change up my diet along with exercise and make sure I drink plenty of water.
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the weight loss!

I would increase your calories a little maybe change the types of food you are eating if you are like me and always eat the same stuff, and change your workout routine. It could be your body is just used to what you have been doing. When I see my body not changing or the scale changing I change EVERYTHING up. Its always worked for me. :)

Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your weight loss as well. We are in it to win it!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    WIthout being able to see your diary, not sure where to start. BUT HUGE CONGRATS on your weight loss!!! I started at 376, and am now at 261.2 - and I just pushed through a 3 month plateau.

Double check your calories, and up them a little. I log my food on MFP, and then convert the info to Points on Weight Watchers. I get more food on Weight Watchers. SO, MFP is low range, and WW is high-end of range. Keep an eye on your salt intake too.

A nutritionist told me that if you focus on lean, healthy protein, the carbs/fats will take care of themselves, and I've found that to be pretty much true. BUT be prepared to change things around both on the exercise front AND the food intake. Just as the body gets used to certain exercises, it also gets used to the food you put in it.

Make sure breakfast or lunch is your largest meal of the day - not dinner. That way, you have the rest of the day to "burn it off".

Don't deprive yourself of things you love. I love queso dip, but can't have it in the house. SO, I'll go to Don Pablo's once in a while, order the kids size of queso, and count out about 8 tortilla chips and enjoy it. That way, I'm controlling the portion size, I won't have left overs, and I get my "fix" in. I will also sometimes order cheesecake to go from someplace's I go for lunch. I'll bring it back to work on a Monday, then have a few bites a day....better yet - I've gotten Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Truffle's in the freezer at work - in the back. they're only about 100-120 calories, and have 3 grams of fiber in them.

For what it's worth - and good luck!!