Snacks?

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
What do some of you snack on in the evening? I try to eat my meal early in the evening...and I just NEED something later.....I've been ignoring the cravings but wondered what some of you might eat to satisfy that sweet craving?

Replies

• mello
    Options
    What do some of you snack on in the evening? I try to eat my meal early in the evening...and I just NEED something later.....I've been ignoring the cravings but wondered what some of you might eat to satisfy that sweet craving?
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Peaches 'n Milk!!! Favorite summertime treat!

1 medium peach + 1/4 cup 2% milk = 68 calories!

Very filling too!
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    If I don't have many calories left a fudgsicle. - 35 cal.

Special K Cereals with skim milk
    100 calorie popcorn
  • SThayer
    SThayer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try a bowl of Special K cerial with low fat milk. It's sweet and filing.
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If I need sweets I make sure to save enough calories for a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. If I need salty then I go for microwave popcorn. yum yum:tongue:

also love fresh fruit.
  • mello
    Options

Very filling too!

Oh man with the fresh peaches that are coming out around here....YUM!!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches - no sugar added kind

soy crisps - ranch flavor

popcorn
  • mello
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    mmmm stealing some myself LOL...great ones!!!
    hugs!
  • mello
    Options
    mmmm stealing some myself LOL...great ones!!!
    hugs!

:wink: More than happy to share:laugh:

Snack away!!!!!!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I like to put the individual Danone Silhouette yogurt in the freezer for about a half hour. It's like super yummy frozen yogurt in all kinds of different flavors with bits of fruit inside! And it's only 40 calories each, so you don't have to feel guilty about having two! Very satisfying!

I also really really like the 100 calorie popcorn packs or the light hot chocolate that is only 45 calories.

Best of luck!!!
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    have you tried any of the Fiber One snack bars?
    they are really yummy - in some cases better than a candy bar - and very good for you!!!!

when i want something crunchy - i try celery and p-nut butter. p-nut butter fills you up. but you need to plan for that cause it can add up calories and fat.

68855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    snacking on grapes right now:happy:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Very filling too!

Oh man with the fresh peaches that are coming out around here....YUM!!

Thanks!:flowerforyou:

You're welcome! It's a treat my mom and I used to always eat when I was younger... Very comforting bedtime snack for me!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    snacking on grapes right now:happy:

Mmmmm...Frozen grapes are good too...They take a long time to eat, and are very sweet, and there are only 100 calories in a cup. Yummmmmm...
  • mello
    Options
    have you tried any of the Fiber One snack bars?
    they are really yummy - in some cases better than a candy bar - and very good for you!!!!

when i want something crunchy - i try celery and p-nut butter. p-nut butter fills you up. but you need to plan for that cause it can add up calories and fat.

68855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Fiber One bar is my mid morning snack....and enough couldn't be said about how good they are....chewy, chocolate, YUM:heart:
  • vkgrubbs
    vkgrubbs Posts: 5
    Options
    Fruit Fruit or the 100 calorie snacks
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    My favorite... a cup of strawberries sliced and sprinkled with splenda, topped with 1/4 cup of dreyers light vanilla ice cream (as creamy as Ben & Jerry's). ..Best 100 calorie dessert I've ever eaten!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    My favorite... a cup of strawberries sliced and sprinkled with splenda, topped with 1/4 cup of dreyers light vanilla ice cream (as creamy as Ben & Jerry's). ..Best 100 calorie dessert I've ever eaten!

top it with Fat Free REDDI Whip.......OMG I am hungry. I swear that FF Reddi Whip is SOOOOOO good, you would never know it was FF. AND it only has 5 calories/ 2 TBLS!!!!!
  • mrucci
    mrucci Posts: 8
    Options
    Key Lime "pie"
    100 calorie Dannon key lime yogurt - stick it in the freezer for about 15 minutes
    Take 1/2 a bag of the 100 calorie per bag lorna doone cookies and crumble them up
    Sprinkle the crumbs in the bottom of a little glass dish scoop the 'frozen yogurt' on top

This is delicious! And is only 150 calories. Sometimes I skip the lorna doones to save the calories. :tongue: