Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    YAY!! great job!!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    very impressive. would you mind telling me how the heck you survive on just 1200 calories a day? that's like starving yourself! /ed

LOLI'm not on a 1200 cal day anymore cause I'm at goal but I can answer that one...

This is a sample day I use to explain 1200 calories when I am asked:
    This is significantly easier if you eat every 2 hrs. That seems difficult but here is how a day would break down

8AM – 2/3 cup FiberOne cereal (60) 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (20) – 80 calories
    10AM – 6oz Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt – 60 calories
    12 noon – 2 slices 40 cal bread (80) and 1 ounce turkey (or ham) (30) condiments or veggies to equal up to – 150 calories
    2 pm - veggies or fruit as much as you can get for -100 calories Depending on what you pick this could be a good bit of food
    4pm – Lite Cheese Stick 50 calories
    6pm – (2 grilled chicken Caesar Wraps) 2 light FlatOut wraps (180), 6 oz grilled chicken breast (210), half a bag of Dole Lite Caesar Kit (135) – 515 calories
    8pm – ½ PINT! Arctic Zero vanilla icecream (75) Walden Farms Caramel Sauce (0 I don’t know how they do it) ½ a FiberOne brownie (crumbled up on top) (45) – 115 calories

That is a 1070 day with dessert so I would typically add a 100 calorie bag of popcorn to a ziplock bag in the morning and use it as a grab snack during the day.

The nutrition police will probably be after me for including a non nutritious desert but I demand icecream!
  • newlife0425
    newlife0425 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So what type of exercise did you do each week......
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • deekscrockwell
    deekscrockwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats
    I'm around 5'4" and started here 6 months ago at 255lbs, size 20/22 jeans.
    I've been eating 1200 cals per day, pretty consistently, and feeling great. Most of that is fairly clean- fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats. I've cut out sugar, which I used to be addicted to. (I used to stop at a convenience store on my way to work every day and buy candy and eat it on my way, and snack on it all day)

I was losing 2lbs a week and feeling very motivated. Then I got to 201 and my weightloss stalled. Just for 2 weeks, but it felt like a lifetime because I had been losing so well before, AND I was so close to onederland. I purposely had a high calorie day, and it kicked things back into motion. Today, I woke up and stepped on the scale and SHAZAAAAM! 199!

I'm wearing Jordache skinny jeans, size 14 today. Yesterday I tried on some jeans and one pair of 14s was way too tight and one pair of size 12s fit. My blood pressure is down, my hair looks healthier, my skin cleared up, I stopped snoring or getting heartburn. Ideally, I'd like to get down to 150, but i'd take 170. :)

Here's some pics...
    Me at 255:
    27560362_3706_zps25775cec.jpg

Face shot (255lbs)
    snapshot1-1_zpsb8bf94a9.jpg

This is after I lost 12lbs:
    before_zpsaaa32e77.jpg

Face shot (218 lbs)
    a17fda2a-5841-4fec-8324-115fdc540f01_zpse22b396f.jpg

and... this past weekend (200lbs)
    528976_10200444295014217_1750946757_n_zps91eb970a.jpg
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.... you must feel great!
  • katesmash
    katesmash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job!
  • YasJas2011
    YasJas2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are looking amazing!!! Congrats!!
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • fervc6064
    Options
    Yea!!:smile:
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, you knocked 10 yrs off ur age! Amazing!! Good job!
  • wipgirl
    wipgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great week. You are an inspiration! :happy:
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    Go girl!!! I'm your size, 5"3,5 and now at about 202 lbs and going down but a bit more cals per day. It's really great to see the change in your appearance and I'm looking forward to posting my pictures (some time soon, I hope :bigsmile: )
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So what type of exercise did you do each week......

I have some back and joint issues, so I just walk on a treadmill (or outside when weather permits). I try to just generally move more - I got a fitbit, which helps to show me days that I sit still too much.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So excited for you!!
  • KoGettinFit
    KoGettinFit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your ROCKIN' it! Keep On Keepin On (KOKO)!!!!
  • gabriellejayde
    Options
    very impressive. would you mind telling me how the heck you survive on just 1200 calories a day? that's like starving yourself! /ed

Thanks. :)
    My diary is open- you can look.
    You're male, right? I doubt it would be enough food for a guy. I've never been a huge eater- I just used to eat a lot of candy and fried foods, and my snacks always fattening (instead of a couple of donuts, I have an apple).

I can't say i'm not ever hungry- sometimes I am, but it's usually just before a meal, so i eat, or it's before bed, so I sleep.

a typical day is:
    1 whole egg + 2 egg whites, mixed with spinach and salsa, or fat free cheese.
    -or-
    2 packets of plain oatmeal (I add a little salt)

piece of fruit or homeade beef jerky (I have a dehydrator and make it myself)

whole grain wrap with low sodium turkey and spinach or cucumbers with avocado or horseradish sauce
    side salad with a drizzle of dressing

another piece of fruit or 100 calorie package of almonds

dinner is usually lean meat and a veggie. sometimes more salad, or rice and beans.

So, not a LOT of food, but certainly enough. I get enough protein and drink a lot of water.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    awesome job. keep it up.
  • gabriellejayde
    Options

LOLI'm not on a 1200 cal day anymore cause I'm at goal but I can answer that one...

This is a sample day I use to explain 1200 calories when I am asked:
    This is significantly easier if you eat every 2 hrs. That seems difficult but here is how a day would break down

8AM – 2/3 cup FiberOne cereal (60) 2/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk (20) – 80 calories
    10AM – 6oz Kroger CarbMaster Yogurt – 60 calories
    12 noon – 2 slices 40 cal bread (80) and 1 ounce turkey (or ham) (30) condiments or veggies to equal up to – 150 calories
    2 pm - veggies or fruit as much as you can get for -100 calories Depending on what you pick this could be a good bit of food
    4pm – Lite Cheese Stick 50 calories
    6pm – (2 grilled chicken Caesar Wraps) 2 light FlatOut wraps (180), 6 oz grilled chicken breast (210), half a bag of Dole Lite Caesar Kit (135) – 515 calories
    8pm – ½ PINT! Arctic Zero vanilla icecream (75) Walden Farms Caramel Sauce (0 I don’t know how they do it) ½ a FiberOne brownie (crumbled up on top) (45) – 115 calories

That is a 1070 day with dessert so I would typically add a 100 calorie bag of popcorn to a ziplock bag in the morning and use it as a grab snack during the day.

The nutrition police will probably be after me for including a non nutritious desert but I demand icecream!

wtf. artic zero vanilla icecream? I"m in! :)
    I'm totally looking for this at the store next time i go.
  • featherkiss
    Options
    You are gorgeous...great job..and very happy for You....!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!