Noh8 Lauren Drain from Westboro Baptist Church

Options
I just thought this was amazing and wanted to share.

67684_511377735547728_1336139310_n.jpg

http://www.noh8campaign.com/article/former-wbc-member-speaks-out

Also. Look at those guns!

Replies

• KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah! She's got a book coming out soon and I have her page added on my FB.

Also exciting that two more members of the WBC left the church recently!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/westboro-baptist-church_n_2637668.html
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm glad there are a few people there that are coming out of their brain washing... It makes me sick everytime they do what they do... You know your bad when your own denominational convention disowns you...
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Also exciting that two more members of the WMC left the church recently!

That article just proved that WBC is a cult.... As a person who is a member of a Baptist church (and has been for most of my life), I have NEVER heard or been a part of a church (other than this ones) where they essentially excommunicate you.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that a religion that excommunicates is a cult?

Trying to understand.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WBC is not a religion.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry she has no guns I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure 100% of my FL has better guns.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Are you saying that a religion that excommunicates is a cult?

Trying to understand.

Hmm... no... I'm not... I misused that word as my inner dictionary is apparently broken... What I MEANT to say is that they cut off their family members from contact with the others.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    I'm sorry she has no guns I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure 100% of my FL has better guns.

She's not super buff or anything but she clearly has nicely toned arms and I wasn't comparing her to anyone. But I'm glad that you were so inspired by this story.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    that was beautiful. thank you for sharing.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    that was beautiful. thank you for sharing.

You're welcome.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

^^ this
  • stevenleeryan
    stevenleeryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Until she helps a fallen Soldier, or Troop, no excuse for her blind hate. Oh I am sorry former blind hate. Don't talk about it be about it.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    Until she helps a fallen Soldier, or Troop, no excuse for her blind hate. Oh I am sorry former blind hate. Don't talk about it be about it.

Until you have grown up in a home that brainwashes you into believing and behaving a certain way, you have no room to judge. She was brave enough and enlightened enough to get out of it. Now she is trying to make up for her hate. I think it is appalling what WBC does to Soldiers at their funerals and otherwise, but she is not that church. She is one woman who was brainwashed by them and got out.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options

Also exciting that two more members of the WBC left the church recently!

I couldn't get this link to pull up but I just googled it and found the article. Thanks for sharing.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Until you have grown up in a home that brainwashes you into believing and behaving a certain way, you have no room to judge. She was brave enough and enlightened enough to get out of it. Now she is trying to make up for her hate. I think it is appalling what WBC does to Soldiers at their funerals and otherwise, but she is not that church. She is one woman who was brainwashed by them and got out.

Well said.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

She's not super buff or anything but she clearly has nicely toned arms and I wasn't comparing her to anyone. But I'm glad that you were so inspired by this story.

She got those arms by waving around those heavy, hate-filled picket signs.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    OP- My beautiful friend. I am privleged to have you on my FL. Thank you for sharing a story of conversion. It is always good to hear that no matter how far we have fallen, we can always get back up! That church's activity just makes me so sad. I am glad that there are members who are getting out. :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I didn't read this whole post, but I'd like to clarify: The Westboro Baptist Church isn't affiliated with the Baptist Convention and isn't a "church" in the way you or I would understand the term. They are a single family that has a whole bunch of lawyers and make their money suing people who disagree with them.
  • stevenleeryan
    stevenleeryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Nope, not good enough, Until you help those you hurt, you do not recover. Did she get paid for this spot? However you think I have no place to judge as she and her former family has picketted my friends, my brother in arms funerals, for their right to do so? I don't want to take it out upon you, but until she comes back and helps some of these Heros, I will judge, all day every day, why? Because I was hurt.