Recipes for putting on weight?

Options
Anyone trying to put on weight have some good meal ideas?

Replies

• fauxdetresse
    Options
    eat peanut butter straight out of the jar while watching tv. works soooo well good fats and protein, and delicious.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It is not a good meal plan, but fast food will put on the weight.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I don't have any ideas for you, but there are some people on here looking to put on weight so bumping for you so they have a chance to see it. :)
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Pizza and General Tso's Chicken worked well for me. :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry -- What kind of weight were you looking to put on?
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you want to do this healthfully. I also had an issue with being too light and not having enough body fat after not gaining back my weight after the stomach flu. I've since gained back the 8 pounds, based on my doctor's advice to increase my carb intake. She said increasing protein intake will result in more gradual weight gain, but unless you want to increase your body fat, this might be your better option. Studies (citing John Tesh on his Intelligence for your Life radio show) have shown that after a strength workout, whole grain bread with peanut butter is a good combination to help rebuild your muscles (see, there's actually reason behind the PBJ sandwich! :wink: ), and since muscle is heavier than fat, that might help.
  • neety
    neety Posts: 1
    Options
    Adding lots of nuts and seeds to things should help, they're high in good fats so will help make you look and feel better whilst gaining weight. You can snack on nuts whenever you like. You can also get the ones covered in chocolate or yoghurt if you dont like them plain.

Add olive oil to your salads also as again thats high in good fats.

Cheese obviously will help you put on weight, you can add that to salads, pasta- anything!

Add whole milk to tea and cereals also. Every little helps. I dont think you need to eat a load of fast foods to gain weight. That doesn't sound healthy at all!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein!! My brother did protein shakes to gain weight when he was a teenager. Always had a faster metabolism than the rest of us and lost about 15 lbs just from getting braces and his wisdom teeth out.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Adding lots of nuts and seeds to things should help, they're high in good fats so will help make you look and feel better whilst gaining weight. You can snack on nuts whenever you like. You can also get the ones covered in chocolate or yoghurt if you dont like them plain.

Add olive oil to your salads also as again thats high in good fats.

Cheese obviously will help you put on weight, you can add that to salads, pasta- anything!

Add whole milk to tea and cereals also. Every little helps. I dont think you need to eat a load of fast foods to gain weight. That doesn't sound healthy at all!

good advice - healthy fats , healthy carbs and healthy protein
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Avocado! And I second the other people on here about adding nuts, just a handful can really add up.
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    eat peanut butter straight out of the jar while watching tv. works soooo well good fats and protein, and delicious.
    sounds like a good plan but natural peanut butter is best. They use hydrogenated oil to emulsify regular peanut butter which adds a lot of trans fat.
  • sarahcook85
    Options
    I need to store up some body fat and get to a healthy weight for my height. I prefer healthy fat, but at this point anything is better than nothing.