Would it be crazy to.....

Options
do 30 day shred along with Insanity? I am currently on day 20 of Insanity, but I think I would like to add 30 day shred to it. Just wanting to get some outside opinions? Im 5 foot 2 I weigh 193lbs, Im not very athletic but so far so good with Insanity. I am currently eating at my bmr of 1600 but not eating back exercise calories, If I do both should I up my calories or eat back any of the exercise calories? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would say "if you think you can, then you will" so go for it! When I started I was 150lbs at 1200 calories did P90X & played tennis 4 times a week, I never adjusted my calories or ate back any exercise calories; I would make sure to have two complex carbs a day to help w/energy. Everyone is different, try it and see if your hungry or have low energy then adjust your calories as needed. Good luck with your journey!
  • mariposa72004
    mariposa72004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well I am pretty sure I can Insanity is difficult and challenging but after I feel like I can do more lol. I was at 1200 calories but then I started getting terrible headaches, upping my calories has helped with that. What counts as a complex carb?
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat enough calories while doing Insanity. You need to eat enough to fuel your body. I definitely always recommend eating back your exercise calories. Especially since MFP starts you at a deficit.

Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of complex carbs.

Why exactly do you want to add the 30 day Shred too?
  • mariposa72004
    mariposa72004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The reason why I want to add 30 day shred is, with Insanity I don't get that sore feeling the day after during the workout I'm in pain and my heart rate is up and all that great stuff but I want my muscles to be sore and feel like they have had a great workout, I have done level 1 of 30 ds before and definitely got that nice sore feeling. If I am eating at my BMR would that be good or still need to eat more?