A must read story! A non-scale victory! With pics

Options

Replies

• KoGettinFit
    KoGettinFit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear your story! I am trying not to focus on the big # that stares back at me & look at the physical changes in my
    body. Reading this will definitely help me remember to focus on things other than that pesky scale :wink:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    thank you for such a heartwarming and inspiring post! i get down about my weight a lot...but my body is stronger and a little tighter than it was when i started out. and THAT'S what's important!!!
  • cdwilson2003
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! And thanks for sharing your story.:happy:
  • angie2673
    Options
    Your story really touch me. There are moments that I feel disappointing and myself esteem is hurt too. You have demonstrated me that if you persist you can reach your goal some day. Thank you for sharing this with us.
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Touched. Am exactly the same way, I work so hard but the scale keeps discouraging me even though I can now ear my pre pregnancy clothes and everyone says I have lost weight and look good. I can now jog 30mins non stop and do HIIT which I couldnt do before. I have resolved to ignore it and enjoy the way I now look and continue in my healthy lifestyle. I just love my new body and not even the scale can make me go back to my old ways. Keep the good job up dearie.
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    what an amazing story!!! thank you for posting it! very encouraging!! :)
  • madanda
    madanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing. :smile:
  • arsmith78
    Options
    Thank you SOOOO MUCH for posting this! I have been working out for a good two-three months now: running, situps, cardio classes, etc. and I CANNOT get the scale to move! I feel so defeated. I know I have cut my calories and drastically increased my exercise and it just won't budge. I know most of my weight is in my belly with only a few pounds in my thighs and upper arms. I can tell a slight difference in my clothes but nothing major yet. I have wanted to quit so many times but I keep telling myself it has to be doing SOMETHING! Again, thank you for posting this and congrats and good luck on future success!

-Amy
  • Emaginesc
    Emaginesc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I needed this. I have the will to make good choices and the motivation to workout. Have been and it is a habit. I have only lost 4 pounds during this but down a size. I step on the silly scale like habit and notta! Somedays when I whine in pain and discomfort I wonder why... but it is working.

TY TY TY TY
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Our stories are very similar. I am almost the exact same weight in my before/after profile picture but my measurements are A LOT smaller in the left picture. The difference is I replaced several pounds of fat with several pounds of muscle. Isn't it an awesome feeling to finally realize that the scale isn't the only way to measure progress! :)
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is TOTALLY inspiring! Thank you so much! I am just sooooooooooo down today because I'm just seeing no results, everything fits the same.....the scale has barely budged but I'm working so hard! Thank you for this, it almost brought me to happy tears- I really hope I have the same story to tell one day soon (or later :wink: ) just so I have the same out come.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Such an incredible reminder that the scale isn't the only victory! You are living proof. The picture speaks volumes and you look amazing!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing!
  • ppotoch
    ppotoch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I quit Weight Watchers. The concept is good and I did lose a lot of weight. But, when I gained a couple of pounds from muscle, they acted like I had committed a crime. "oh...you're up this time. tsk tsk".
  • jpolczak
    jpolczak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I know a lot of people feel the sam way I do. I am moved that my story has helped so many :)
  • xoalynnxo
    xoalynnxo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    wow! absolutely amazing! you're right...we get mad at the scale and forget about all our hard work. sometimes we have to go back to the beginning to appreciate where we are. thank you so much for sharing this with us. good luck training for your runs!
  • clchapa1
    Options
    Thank you for this. I've been eating better and working out consistently for over a month now...and I've GAINED weight, but lost several inches. It gets so frustrating stepping on the scale expecting to see big changes and getting the complete opposite.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I cnat believe you weigh the same? You look amazing. That is incredible
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Wow, love your smile and your pose in your tutu! Thank you for posting. It is seriously all about health. When you move more and your body can keep up, that in and of itself is a victory. You look fablulous!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Beautiful boy - healthy mom. It was a good day to read your story. I feel like I weigh more than the scale shows, but am 40 + # lighter. We do need to support one another, this isn't a race, it is a way of life, of living healthier.
  • jpolczak
    jpolczak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I brought my picture into the gym and told how I found the picture. They couldn't believe it. They see me almost every day so they couldn’t believe how much I have changed. I just had a personal trainer that has seen me from the beginning weigh me two weeks ago and say “it doesn’t make sense why you aren’t losing. You should go back to the doctor.” When I showed her the picture she gave me a great big hug.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!