scale flip-flop....plop

Options
Rosplosion
Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
So, I weighed myself this morning as soon as I woke up. 175. Cool the same weight as the last three weeks. Whatevs.

Then I took a massive dump and thought, I must weigh less than that! Sweet! So I got back on the scale and it said 180?!!?! Seriously, scale, I hate you.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    low battery.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Maybe you put on muscle while straining?

PS I ALWAYS weigh before and after a toilet session. I'm curious like that!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I've found I weigh about 2 pounds more after I do my week's weight training. And my pants are tighter. So i weigh the morning before i start. lol
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me once. So I bought a new scale and I make sure I put it on a hard surface (kitchen floor which is wood) and I don't have any weird anomalies anymore. I don't know if it was the scale or the carpeted surface that caused the weird readings. Maybe both.
  • adpatrick92
    adpatrick92 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I always loose atleast a pound after I take a ****! lol
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha! Was said massive dump before ingestion of any foods/liquids?

Kind of unrelated, but I find my waist measurement varies by up to 1.5 inches throughout the day. It makes me mad, as I rarely remember to measure my waist at 8 am.
  • gosioux08
    gosioux08 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree - it's frustrating when they don't read accurately. I was curious how I could possibly weigh the same before and after a poo so I took the time to read the manual for my electronic scale (Bowflex, if anyone cares). I was surprised to find out that the scale was only accurate to +/- 1.8 lbs at the 144-190ish (I think) weight range. Even more surprising, it said that you must wait 15 minutes or so between readings to get an accurate read. Maybe this is the issue for the OP if she's still getting odd readings after moving the scale to a hard surface?
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I always loose atleast a pound after I take a ****! lol

+1 lol
  • sjenkin6
    sjenkin6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree - it's frustrating when they don't read accurately. I was curious how I could possibly weigh the same before and after a poo so I took the time to read the manual for my electronic scale (Bowflex, if anyone cares). I was surprised to find out that the scale was only accurate to +/- 1.8 lbs at the 144-190ish (I think) weight range. Even more surprising, it said that you must wait 15 minutes or so between readings to get an accurate read. Maybe this is the issue for the OP if she's still getting odd readings after moving the scale to a hard surface?

I also shelled out a lot of money for a Bowflex BMI scale that was totally off weight wise. I could weigh myself in the morning and get one number, but thirty minutes later weigh an entire 5 pounds more. I now went to CVS, bought a cheap scale($9.99 regular price) and get consistent results.