HOW many calories do i burn on JM 30 day shred workout?

Options
HI...i just started the JM 30 day shred...does anyone know how many calories it burns...roughly?

Replies

• puddinsmom
    puddinsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I weigh 150 and I found somewhere that Level 1 burns 200 and each additional level 25 more, so 225 Level 2 and 250 level 3.

That's what I am using at least :)
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Best way to track it is with a hrm. Mine says I burn approx 240 through level one and about 220 with level 2.
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    oh good to know...Thanks...

do you recommend a good HRM?
  • Daynasanderson
    Daynasanderson Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    what a hrm
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    what a hrm
    HRM= Heart Rate Monitor
  • bluebug2013
    bluebug2013 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any polar model is fine.

I take the calories burnt doing exercise as a rough estimate by any gadget as once you build more muscle, which the 30 day shred helps you do, you will burn more calories.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't trust anything to tell me exact calories burned or consumed, only estimates. I use MFP's low impact aerobics option, but then I don't eat back all my exercise calories in case the estimated burn is higher than actual.
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I burn 230 for level 2, this is with a hrm
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 160 pounds and I burn about 150 ish for level 1 and about 170 ish for level 2 and 3, but I've been working out for a few years. Just started Ripped in 30 today (highly recommend it after 30 DS) and I burned 200 on the first day!
  • fstender
    Options
    Awesome! Yea...im not so much into wanting to do this to burn calories but was just wondering so i can log it...I too don't trust what the machines say and only eat my calories back if I'm starving! Thanks for all the info!

I hear nothing but good things on this site about JM 30 day shred....looking to get more toned and build more upper body strength!
  • fstender
    Options
    I don't trust anything to tell me exact calories burned or consumed, only estimates. I use MFP's low impact aerobics option, but then I don't eat back all my exercise calories in case the estimated burn is higher than actual.

i hear you on this!