Weight put on...

Options
I recently increased my calorie intake from 1200 to 1410 when I started the 30 Day Shred. I go to the gym on top of doing the Shred and I didn't used to eat back my exercise calories but now I eat most of them. I usually have 300 calories left a day. Well apart from weekends when I do eat a bit more. I used to weigh 109lbs at 1200 calories but I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 113!

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong? Help?

Replies

• LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    bump
  • oneheckavagirl
    Options
    LooneyLove, I suspect it is muscle weight. I'm sure you are not trying to lose weight now, just active and staying healthy, right? But you are getting stronger. A happy conumdrum. :flowerforyou: Good work!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    LooneyLove, I suspect it is muscle weight. I'm sure you are not trying to lose weight now, just active and staying healthy, right? But you are getting stronger. A happy conumdrum. :flowerforyou: Good work!

Sorry but not muscle weight... Not on a net intake of around 1100 ish.

OP, Most likely it is water rentention.

At your weight you should be eating more than 1410 calories a day (well you only net around 1100 daily). You are eating far too little and you should be eating more than that.

Search the boards for in place of a roadmap... it is great advice.
  • oneheckavagirl
    Options

Sorry but not muscle weight... Not on a net intake of around 1100 ish.

OP, Most likely it is water rentention.

At your weight you should be eating more than 1410 calories a day (well you only net around 1100 daily). You are eating far too little and you should be eating more than that.

Search the boards for in place of a roadmap... it is great advice.

Thanks for jumping in. I'll check that out also. :)
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    Ah thank you guys! I'm not looking to lose weight! Muscle building and staying healthy :). Not sure I've noticed muscle gain though...
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you guys! I'm not looking to lose weight! Muscle building and staying healthy :). Not sure I've noticed muscle gain though...

If you want to build muscle you need to eat more, a lot more. You need to bump your calories up as to build muscle you need to be eating at a surplus of calories. So, you can either figure it out yourself or set your weekly goal to gain 0.5lbs per week.

Also, in order to build muscle you need to be lifting weights... HEAVY weights. Weights that are heavy enough that after about 8 reps you can't lift it anymore.