Scales, scales and oh my more scales!

Options
So, my old trusty scale bought in the late 80's has finally told me it has had enough and isn't going to take me stepping all over it anymore. (i don't blame it really!) I decided to purchase a new scale online and am blown away from all the advancements in scale technology! They measure fat and BMI and are programmable- I am sure i can find one that lets me text with my toes if I searched further! I love a good gadget and am intrigued by all the options but unfortunately, a little overwhelmed! So- to all the good people here on MFP- can you let me know what kind of scale you use and what is a reliable name brand/ type? Do you prefer certain features over others? Any help in leading me in the right direction- and hopefully to another scale that lasts the next 20 years- will be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Aria and I love it! It measures weight (obviously) and body fat percentage. It syncs with your profile on fitbit and on MFP. You can also add about 7 additional profiles so your whole family can use it too.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Salter is a good manufacturer, but I went with an old school set rather than a digital.
  • ajhumbird
    Options
    I bought a simple cheap ($15) scale that is digital. It gives you lbs & ounces. I love it except when it tells me that I gained two ounces overnight - but it does keep me in line!