Tattoos.....Asthetic or no?

Options
jcasebolt84
jcasebolt84 Posts: 22 Member
For those interested in fitness and asthetics.......do you feel that tattoos can help or hinder that goal? And GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Replies

• nyssalynne
    Options
    I think getting or having tattoos can help you work towards your fitness goal. Who doesn't want to look better? I have 11 tattoos and plan to get more. They are works of art, not trashy, and most are not visible in everyday clothing.

37372224.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options
    I have a blank canvas. I am waiting for e-ink tattoo's. Once I can change it on the fly or have it move around my entire body, I'll be first in line.

I want a dragon flying up and down my body including going across my head, then other days I just want little demons running around my head.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    ye i want to get a nice stomach so i can cover up a crappy tattoo with a good one.. but i dont want to get it done until i tone up a bit :)
  • IsabellaC45
    IsabellaC45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Aesthetic.
  • JadazV
    JadazV Posts: 26
    Options
    It depends on the tattoo and placement. I currently have a tattoo on my back that I know would not look strange should my body change (this was before I started MFP and weight loss). I fully intend to get another tattoo or two but where I want to place them I have to definitely lose and tone.

Its all about the aesthetics baby!!!
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos are hot. The end.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    not if i get a tattoo of abs.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    if they are TRIBAL, HOT. if they are not, they suck donkey balls.
  • OifVet0809
    Options
    Tattoos are awesome and I think they do help motivate
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos that mean something...hate tribals!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    For me they are motivating. I currently have both wrists, above my heart, side of my left leg, and whole right calf. I want to get a very meaningful quote on my ribcage but obviously not while I'm so overweight so it's a goal that when I lose 100lbs I will get it.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    if they are TRIBAL, HOT. if they are not, they suck donkey balls.

Sorry to have to say this but the 90's called and they want thier crappy tatt's back.

To answer the question.... It depends. I feel that far too many people are too random about what they have, where they place it and how big it is. Additionally, far too many people lack ant sort of originality. A little thought goes a long way with tattos and it almost always shows who was thinking.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It depends. Most are not aesthetic. Especially from a fitness/bodybuilding perspective. The placement needs to be right and accentuate muscularity. Not hide it.
  • JennyJo23
    Options
    i have 10 tattoos and i love every one of them. They are addicting and I can't wait to get more.,.