Cravings

Options
Ok, had a talk with a friend and we had different ideas on how we snack while dieting/healthy living. Ok, I'm that person that can crave or want to try something completely not part of my healthy way of eating and be satisfied with that sample and not want any more, for instance, chips, I don’t eat them much anymore but my favorite ones are jalapeno kettle, I can have like 3 chips and close the bag and be done with it...How do you satisfy that desire for those sinful things we know we are weak for without killing our new habits of eating and cooking...

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    that is my only weakness, chips, sigh,,,,,,
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same way, but I try to get a healthier option. Like if I wanted something salty I will try to eat Special K crackers or baked Vegetable chips. Or if I want something sweet I might make muffins with Stevia so there is no sugar & just freeze the rest for whenever I crave it again.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :smile: SOMETIMES I CAN TAKE NICE LONG SNIFFS OF CERTAIN FOODS RECALL HOW THEY TASTE & GO ON SATISFIED! MY FAMILY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW I CAN DO THAT BUT I CAN! YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY DEDICATED TO YOUR NEW LIFESTYLE OF EATING!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just work my cravings into my calorie budget. When all you want is a chocolate chip cookie, some carrots or lowfat yogurt are just not going to cut it. So, I take a brisk walk around the block, or have a lighter lunch, and make room for the 70 calories in the Publix chocolate chip cookie.
  • SylLab
    SylLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If I am craving something I have learned to just go ahead and eat it then work it into my calories. If I try and replace the craving with something healthier it just wont work for me! So I add it into my calories, have a small portion of whatever it is and say "okay I got that out of my system" and usually I am done with it after that!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    How do you satisfy that desire for those sinful things we know we are weak for without killing our new habits of eating and cooking...

Sometimes one can't.
    I tend to think that it is better to acknowledge the craving and to have a strong determination not to acquiesce. Also know that cravings, like all things, don't last.
    Its also acknowledging that our biggest task is developing healthy mental habits that will support our health and wellbeing.
    All the best,

Ben