Eating clean and hungry!!!!

Options
This seems to happen to me every time I decide to eat clean. I'm eating a lot of nutrient dense foods but find myself hungry all the time. Is this just withdrawal from the simple sugars and carbs I was putting in before? Will it pass in a little while?

For example, I had a yogurt and an apple for a snack, an hour later it feels like I've had nothing to eat all day. My stomach is growling loudly as I type this. I've also been dealing with extreme fatigue. I did have headaches for the first couple of days but those have since passed.

It seems that anything nutrient dense that I put in only lasts a short while before I feel hungry again and this is the annoying can't think of anything else but food hunger. I am also drinking a ton of water to try and put off eating again. At the end of the day when I look over my diary of food, its a ton of food but again, I'm always hungry.

Please tell me this will pass if I stick it out. Thanks for any help you can offer

Replies

• ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    The yogurt and apple should work if it isn't some lowfat or nonfat yogurt.

Shoot for getting protein, fat and carbs in every snack and meal. The fat will keep you satiated. You need fats. I maintain on a plan of 1800 calories, 45% of them from fats.

If you are really hungry, eat! You may have your calories set too low.
  • pearljam1997
    pearljam1997 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies!! I had no idea there was a setting for my diary, its open now, lol.

Yeah, in regards to the yogurt, yes it is no fat sugar free, which I'm changing asap. My dietician told me to buy it so I did and kinda though it might be to blame.

She also suggested I do about 1700 calories a day, which I'm not meeting, shame on me I know BUT I do come close.

cmriverside, what foods are getting the fats from? I had half an avocado with my lunch today. Lunch only lasted me about 2ish hours before my stomach started doing cartwheels again.

Thanks again for any help!!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water when your tummy rumbles!!!