Need some support from fellow Texans!

Options
I posted on here earlier. But I have a lot of weight to lose and need all the help/advice/motivation I can get. I live it Texas and it would be great to have someone close to home to support each other!!

Replies

• Rabanilla
    Options
    I am from the lone star state as well but i am currently in California.. I have 120 pounds to lose and .. I just have to take it one day at a time... you should go to your doctor for some help.. mine recommended alli and it is really working for me.. you can do this I know you can
  • TxLdy3
    TxLdy3 Posts: 31
    Options
    You sound like me!! I have alot of weight to lose too...At only 5 even my weight is nowhere near ideal.. I did start watching what I eat a few months ago and started to work out on my own..so far only 11 lbs lost but I need like 100 more..Every little bit helps, from parking a little farther taking more stairs and just drinking more water, nothing drastic but it's helped a little so far. GOOD LUCK!!
  • ashleeeeanne
    ashleeeeanne Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I grew up in California! I just started the second half of the advocare 24 day challenege that i stopped after the first half due to hospitilzation (not from that.) I was thinking about getting something over the counter to help. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will talk to him then! How's the alli working for you?
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I live in Dallas. You're welcome to add me!
  • Rabanilla
    Options
    The alli works sooo good I am losing so fast, but eating regular food of course in portions ...
  • brittneysegel
    Options
    The alli works sooo good I am losing so fast, but eating regular food of course in portions ...

Alli? Is that the weight lose drug? I heard bad things about it... like going to the bathroom in your pants without realizing and such, that kind of thing freaks me out too much to ever use!
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    Central Texas here, add me!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Drugs are never the realistic healthy or long term solution to weight problems. To lose weight and keep it off you need to make a choice and commitment to yourself for the rest of your life, to healthy nutrition and healthy activity. A quick fix or instant gratification is never the healthy choice.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Central Texas here, formerly of Houston (Clear Lake area) and Austin, Round Rock & Pflugerville
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I live in Spring TX but currently in Dallas with the hub with schooling. Feel free to add me! I'm here for support!! :)
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I lived in Plano for 12 years and Richardson for 12 years before moving to Denver last year. Feel free to add me!