Breastfeeding bubby still

Options
hi all i am new to this. I am still breastfeeding bubby #3. he is only 4 months old.. Keen to meet some other breastfeeding mummas :)
Wanting to loose 10kg over the next year :)

Replies

• mariaganitou
    Options
    Hi there, I am also new, and still breastfeeding. \my daughter is 8 months old. Sorry if i have any mistakes, my englisch is not so good, i am from greece and glad to meet you
  • TineeLambrini
    TineeLambrini Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also new, and breastfeeding my 8 month old daughter. Add me :)
  • MoodieMama
    Options
    I am a bf'ing mama to my sweet boy who is 4 months old. Just joined MFP 6 days ago. Pls add me!
  • TineeLambrini
    Options
    Mamas, I'm interested to know how you allow for calories burned by breastfeeding? I'm not really sure how many my greedy baba is taking from me at the moment, but I have upped my activity level to read 'Very Active'. Seems to be working out alright so far, just don't want to ruin supply.
  • catherinereano
    Options
    The average is 500 calories a day. Good luchk!
  • teriki
    Options
    Glad to see there are others out there wondering how many calories to account for for breastfeeding. I too am breastfeeding a beautiful 4 1/2 month old baby boy. I've already lost all the baby weight and an additional 14 lbs, but want to lose another 50lbs. Feel free to add me...the support would be great, and I'll do the same.
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Gah, I read that as hubby at first
  • banana_ann
    Options
    Hello :) I am brand new and I am nursing my 9 month old. I'm not sure how all this works but I'm glad to find something free!
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies. I've breast fed all 4 of mine. I'm currently breast feeding my brand new daughter-she's just 6 weeks old. Great to see all of the breast feeding mamas. You all rock!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am breastfeeding my 8 month old....he's my 5th baby :)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    im nursing my 6 month old. any mommas can add me!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am still nursing my 1 year old twins. I also nursed my other 5 children. As far as adding in the nursing calories, you can log it under food or put it under exercise. Best wishes. Feel free to add me. :)
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also a nursing mamma. My little guy is a little over 3 months old. Any mammas can add me too!
  • 1cpnmama
    Options
    hi y'all, im breastfeeding my 3month old baby boy and on day 6 of jillian michaels' body revolution. anyone else doing JMBR? any mamas can add me too :) so far everything i've read from blogs and other people's post about calorie intake while breastfeeding is to add about 500 calories and drink a ton of water (im drinking a gallon a day). but i think the number of calories you add goes down as your baby starts drink less and eat more solids. hope this helps:)
  • 1cpnmama
    Options
    LOL, too funny
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Gah, I read that as hubby at first

Ha ha, How sweet would that be ;)
  • swiftjen77
    Options
    I was wondering about this also (how to log breastfeeding into MFP). I'm nursing my 5.5 month old son, and working out, and have reduced my calorie intake because until last week, I was eating too many sweets and drinking sugary sodas (they are my vice). I just wasn't sure how to add breastfeeding into MFP because putting in exercise that I didn't actually do seems wrong. But is that what most of you are doing?

EDIT: I should also mention that my son is exclusively breastfed and has not yet started solids because both times we tried he had a terrible reaction to cereal. We are waiting a few more months so I will be EBF'ing for awhile it seems.
  • TineeLambrini
    Options
    I just have my activity settings on very active, when in reality I am probably only slightly active. That said, my girl is on 2/3 solid meals a day. I was doing Jillians Michaels Burn Fat Boost metabolism 2 months pp with no problems. At times I have suffered with oversupply though so have never really worried about supply dwindling. If still EBF then I would definitely account for the 500 calories burned mark. I know what you mean about not wanting to log it as exercise, it would feel like cheating to me.
  • TineeLambrini
    Options
    PS I am only now introducing cereal to my 8mo, she started on mashed veggies etc at around 5.5 months which seemed to suit her well.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Also nursing! Feel free to add me as well!