Can't resist chocolate!

Help I can't say no to chocolate in the evenings! :-(

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Don't buy it!! If it isn't there you can't eat it!!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Buy high-quality dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Leave a few extra calories at the end of the day and eat 2 or 3 squares.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :drinker: Life is NOT Worth Living Without Chocolate!!

:flowerforyou: Moderation & Portion Control.
  • R3b3ccaa
    R3b3ccaa Posts: 9 Member
    I was the same way. With my last 2 pregnancies I craved sweets especially chocolate so afterward I was addicted. It was really hard to beat the habit of having sweets every night. You have to start small. I started replacing sweets with fruit at first (I really liked cutting up an apple and dipping it in a small amount of peanut butter.) Then slowly I started cutting out any snacks 1 to 2 nights a week and so forth. I now do not crave sweets as much. I still like to have some occasionally but the hard cravings are gone. Good luck I sympathize with you.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Have less. Try a Cliff Bar Chcocolate Brownie or other substitute. Change your habit and try adding fruit with the chocolate and slowly ween out the chocolate part.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    I need my nightly chocolate too!. And I can't be trusted to only eat 2 or 3 squares of the whole bar. Trader Joe's has individually wrapped bars of dark chocolate that are 100 calories each and come in a box of 5 or 6. I can usually just take one of those and be ok..

I confess that there have been a couple of times that I have taken my 2 or 3 squares and asked my son to hide the rest of it. It's too embarrassing to ask him to go and get it again so mom can cheat on her calories. LOL.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Have less. Try a Cliff Bar Chcocolate Brownie or other substitute. Change your habit and try adding fruit with the chocolate and slowly ween out the chocolate part.

This this this! The Cliff Bars in chocolate are actually really good! I also second the suggestion to try high quality dark chocolate, just a little bit isn't bad :)
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Yes you can if you really want to.

I'm having a chocolate-free February. I'm not buying it, eating it, drinking it or even looking at it. My boss gave me a chocolate the other day, I gave it to someone else!

If you make it a clear set goal then it's easier to say no. Prove to yourself that you can do it!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Personally I know if I'm craving chocolate, it's better for me to have say a full sized crunchie (185 calories) and really enjoy it, than to keep eating "healthier" foods until I feel satisfied - e.g apple and PB, a rice cake and some almonds, ending up going way over on calories and STILL be craving chocolate... when I could have just used 185 on a crunchie and been done with it!

Alternative options:

Chocolate rice cakes - quite filling, about 60 calories for a large one.
    Snack size chocolate bars - if you have the will power to only eat one.
    Protein shake/Smoothie with a tablespoon of cocoa powder (adds 70ish calories for the cocoa)
    Hot chocolate - can get 'light' versions
    Cadburys Light chocolate mousse (60 calories)
    Sugar free jelly (ok, not chocolate but still hits the 'sweet' craving)
    Homemade 2 ingredient ice cream (slice a banana, freeze the slices, whizz them in a food processor, add some cocoa)
    Make a 'chocolate' milkshake mixture (could use light soya milk and cocoa or hot chocolate powder, etc) and freeze into lollies.

What other people have suggested about slowly cutting down the evening snacks sounds like a good idea too :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    I have chocolate every day. Not a lot, but I eat it every single day.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Who Can? Dark chocolate and moderation are your friends.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Stop buying it. Develop willpower.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Yes, you can!

Cravings will last 3 days, and you can tough it out that long. Believe it or not, when I want sweets I eat frozen grapes and it is really satisfying.

That being said, I ate chocolate today for the first time in a month. Logged it.
  • I have the same trouble. I love a piece of chocolate after dinner. Tonight, I'm having some (15) gummy bears instead.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Buy high-quality dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Leave a few extra calories at the end of the day and eat 2 or 3 squares.

This. I eat chocolate most days of the week, but I only but the super dark stuff (70% or higher) because it's low in sugar. Admittedly, if you don't love the taste it's a definite adjustment. I love the stuff now though!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    So eat it. I eat ice cream almost every night... when I'm not too lazy to go to the store to buy it.
    Just ration it.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Dont say no to Chocolate! Portion it out so you dont see the whole bar of candy at once.

Forgot to mention: Eating or drinking something with Cinnamon in it takes the edge off! It helps!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    make my dark chocolate cheerio marshmallow bark..yummy for 100 calories.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    why resist? Seems futile to me, right?

This is where i extol the nutritional value of dark chocolate, right?

nah... it tastes great. Eat it. in moderation. 1 Dove Dark Chocolate square is 42 calories. Barely a blip on the TDEE tracking but, man, does it taste good! Totally worth it! I break it in to 3 pieces to make it last longer. Going to get one now. Thanks for the reminder!

Cut somethign else out but not the dark chocolate!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    The 90% lindt (spelling?) fits into my eating nicely. I just don't eat the whole bar. :smile: