clean eating dessert recipes?

Options
does anyone have any ideas for clean, low cal desserts I can make myself? Thanks!

Replies

• tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    One of my friends here gave me this website....this girl has some awesome recipes!
    www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    haven't tried it yet but plan to - saw a thing online the other day for making icecream out of bananas. I think from memory you freeze them , then chop em up and put them in a foodprocessor still frozen and voila, icecream.
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    my favorite: slice a banana, then freeze it. In the blender put in the frozen banana, some frozen berries, then add a little water and lemon juice, just enough so it will blend. Blend. Tastes just like sorbet. Freeze it for a little bit after making it if you want it to be a bit firmer.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has tons of dessert recipes some clean than others.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    A banana based ice cream recipe I like:

http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/fastfood/desserts/quick-raspberry-and-banana-ice-cream

You can skip the custard entirely or replace with low fat yoghurt. The frozen berries improve the look of the finished product.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    Microwave creme caramel

Have a rigid plastic bowl ready (it needs to withstand the temperature of hot caramel). in a small saucepan make the caramel by heating on medium

70g white sugar
    30 ml water

It's important that the sugar dissolves before the mixture boils so swish the pan by the handle occasionally while heating. Continue heating until the mixture bubbles and turns a dark amber colour. Quickly pour into the plastic bowl and distribute the caramel up the sides by tilting the bowl. Set aside to cool.

Make the custard by beating together

70g white sugar
    3 eggs

and then slowly beating in

350g skimmed milk.

Pour the custard mixture into the cooled plastic bowl containing the caramel. Zap in the microwave at the highest defrost setting for 10 minutes. Allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes so that the outer edge and middle are the same temperature. If the custard is not set in the middle zap for another 5 minutes at the highest defrost setting. Repeat as necessary. My microwave is done after 15 minutes of cooking. Officially you should cook the custard in a glass bowl au bain marie for an hour in the oven, but I think life is too short for that. Using a plastic bowl (not glass or porcelain) is key to success in the microwave because it doesn't retain too much heat which results in the outer edges overcooking before the center is done.

Cool and refrigerate at least two hours or overnight. To serve, loosen edges with a knife. Dip the bottom of the bowl in hot water to melt the caramel on the bottom. Invert into a serving dish that is large or deep enough to hold the few tablespoons of caramel sauce. Makes 4-6 modest servings.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Microwave creme caramel

Have a rigid plastic bowl ready (it needs to withstand the temperature of hot caramel). in a small saucepan make the caramel by heating on medium

70g white sugar
    30 ml water

It's important that the sugar dissolves before the mixture boils so swish the pan by the handle occasionally while heating. Continue heating until the mixture bubbles and turns a dark amber colour. Quickly pour into the plastic bowl and distribute the caramel up the sides by tilting the bowl. Set aside to cool.

Make the custard by beating together

70g white sugar
    3 eggs

and then slowly beating in

350g skimmed milk.

how is this clean?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Does your clean include cheese?

Chop almonds and place in bottom of dessert dish.

Beat together whipped cream, sweetener of your choice and cream cheese. I use two tablespoons of whipped cream and two ounces of cream cheese per serving. Spoon on top of almonds.

Top with fresh berries.

Actually, I use cool whip. I almost got heavy cream last time, but I just don't know what to do with the rest of it!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin. Cinnamon. Microwave. Mash.

Done.
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Frobie
    Frobie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a blog with lots of healthy delicious recipes (including some desserts). Here is a link so my current favourite: QUICK Raspeberry Ricotta Dessert - feel free to check out all the other yummy recipes on there.

http://cjshealthyalternatives.blogspot.ca/2013/01/random-raspberry-ricotta-dessert.html
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating Magazine might be just what you are looking for.

http://cleaneatingmag.com/Search-Results.aspx?recipeQuery=dessert