Calories burned for 30 Day Shred Level 3

ATXrunner
ATXrunner Posts: 41
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to figure out calories burned for level 3 of the 30 Day Shred using a heart rate monitor or other reliable device? On MFP message boards and other forums, I've seen estimates between 200-450 calories, which is a pretty big window.

Thanks!

Replies

• Rea_K
    Rea_K Posts: 51
    It really depends on the person. I remember doing level 2 when I was a lot heavier & I burned around 400 cals but when I'd lost weight & got fitter I only burned around 200! I am doing level 3 when I get home in about 4 hours so will tell you how many cals I burn, but I really wouldn't go by what other people burn, as since buying my HRM I've realised how unreliable it is to go by what people burn. It all depends on your own heart rate, size and sex.

As I said though, as soon as I've done level 3 I will let you know how many I burned. Hope that helps
  • lollyrs
    lollyrs Posts: 2 Member
    What is a 30 day shred?
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Hi Lollyrs: I asked this same question when I first jointed MFP and no one answered so I will....since I finally figured it out on my own. It is a fitness DVD by Jillian Michael that is a 20 minute combined cardio, weight-training and abs workout. There are 3 levels and you can work your way from level 1-3. There are not enough instructions included in the DVD...I bought mine at Costco, but you can get them anywhere that sells DVDs. I learned the hard way to start with light weights...like 4-5 pounds or less. ..even if you use free weights now because her moves are less restricted and I hurt my shoulder on one of her moves using heavier weights. Anyway, it is a good workout and does work for getting more toned and burning calories. Good luck!
  • Rea_K
    Rea_K Posts: 51
    Jillian Michaels DVD, it's really good!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    When I did it it, I always put 175 no matter what. Did not want to OVERESTIMATE exercise calories. If you like the shred u should check out exercisetv.com................free video and lots of difficult workouts. All FREE
This discussion has been closed.