it's really hard ...

Options
I was doing so great with watching what I was eating earlier this year ... like the first few weeks in January. And now, it seems like since life started happening, and stuff started getting tough around me, that I've lost touch with what I was doing and how well I was doing. I don't feel like I'm losing weight, and I don't feel like I'm eating as healthily as I was before ... but I'm buying fruits and vegetables and eating less.

Is it normal to feel this way? What can I do to fix it? Any tips or anything on how to get back into it?

Replies

• springowl
    Options
    Well, you can't be so hard on yourself. Indulge for a day or two and then pick a start date do get back on track. For some reason, I can't start a weight loss program on any other day but a Monday. It's weird but all this is is a mental game.

It's ok to slack off just get back on track after a little indulgence. You have lost 14 lbs. and that's amazing. Keep your eye on the prize., it took me 100 attempt tp quit smoking but I finally did it and have not had a cigarette in 12 years.

Never quit trying.
  • ashlog11
    ashlog11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am finding myself in the same mind set. I go to the gym and was eating really well. Then for some reason the last 2 weeks have been bad. Still working out, but my food choices are terrible.
    I figure as long as I get back on the wagon, I will be fine. You will be too, it takes time. Don't beat yourself up!

You can add me if you would like :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    A lot of us have those times that we struggle with, or just seem to be going off tangent.

Grab hold of the day right from the morning. Decide what you will eat/do and stick to it. Even if you dont feel you're losing weight, try to maintain and hold until you can push yourself again.
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't ever hard, everyone would be skinny. These are the times you have to be dedicated. You CAN turn it around, but its a up to you.