Flab to Fab Abs After Baby

Options
2»

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't have a picture to post, but my abs and tummy look great and I've had 2 babies. I have always had six pack abs and a slender mid section. And my belly bounced back after having babies (no stretch marks either). I had to work at it. But, I never had flab on my abs. I did have a very small muscle separation the second time, so I worked very diligently at the exercises to heal that up, while also doing pilates (that is very good for postpartum). Another great thing I did was push my children in a double stroller up as many hills as I could for an hour a day. Now, I lift weights. I am also a dancer. Just wanted to chime in since you said it was not possible. I see you have some great success photos from other women here as well.

Same with me. People always commented after I had a baby that I don't look like someone who just gave birth. Even while still in the hospital most people thought I was a high risk pregnancy and going to be spending the next 9 months in the hospital. They were always shocked when I said nope just had mine and would point out my baby at the nursery. No stretch marks either. I had always worked out with weights from the time I was old enough to join a gym. It was just these past few years that I put on weight after a long relapse with MS and not being able to get around plus lots of meds/ steroids etc. But still didn't put it on all in my gut. It seems to be evenly distributed. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    My "fat" baby, yes.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    You look flipping amazing. One day I hope to look even half of that. I have four kiddos, so it seems impossible at times, but I refuse to give in!
    Two kids - natural birth
    8lb 15 oz; 8 lb 16 oz

I'm 6'1"

After second baby:
    July 2007:
    DSCF0785.jpg
    Dec 2008
    DSCF0479c.jpg

Now:
    b6f2d841-ba1c-4c98-a227-6ec986e0ff16_resized.jpg
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Two kids - natural birth
    8lb 15 oz; 8 lb 16 oz

I'm 6'1"

After second baby:
    July 2007:
    DSCF0785.jpg
    Dec 2008
    DSCF0479c.jpg

Now:
    b6f2d841-ba1c-4c98-a227-6ec986e0ff16_resized.jpg

I didn't know Dara Torres was on MFP.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I didn't know Dara Torres was on MFP.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
    Wow. That is a HUGE compliment!!!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump, so I can find this again!
  • MomiTia
    MomiTia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • carfamily08
    Options
    Awesome progress ladies! I'm only part way there (pics in profile) but I hope to keep toning up my stomach even more. You all give me inspiration!
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids. 2 natural birth and 1 c-sec. The pic with purple is back in Sept when I first got serious about working out and eating right. The one in black is 2 weeks ago. So a little less than 4 months of serious dedication. I still have a long way to go though. But it's a start.

4monthprogress_zps589fd903.jpeg

Your tattoo got smaller too. Funny and awesome. Great work.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's possible with lot of hard work and dedication.

BeforeampAfter-PB2-2-13_zps2f509212.jpg
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Before- 2nd pregnancy, 2 c-sections

36wk003.jpg

After
    me.jpg

WIN!!! Love the pregnancy belly!!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My abs aren't where I want them to be, but after four babies they are doing pretty well and I'm not giving up!

My inspiration is Lora Colson: [img]http://www.loracolson.com/Z frontx450.JPG[/img]
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing everyone! You all look amazing and are so very inspiring!
    :flowerforyou: Wtg mamas!
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Another inspiration was right in front of me this morning, on an old magazine cover- Britney Spears. She had two kids and looked a hhotttt mess (in many ways!), now she looks fabulous again. Hopefully she's mentally fabulous now too. :)
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I just posted my 1 yr progress photos...I've had a baby and I had hernia repair surgery (twice) as well.

Here's the link if you're interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/884168-1-yr-progress-with-pics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!