Gastric Bypass

Options
I'm fairly new to this site and I'm also on the road to being approved for gastric bypass. 4 months down, 2 more to go, then surgery. I have been overweight my entire life and have tried pretty much everything with no luck. I've lost small amounts then gained it all back quickly. So now I've run out of options and resorting to this life changing surgery. I'm looking to connect with people that are on the road to having the surgery done close to me. Every bit of support is helpful, even if it's just online. If you're going to be going through this big life change I would love to connect with you on here!

Replies

• shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just got my approval letter in the mail today. Honestly I was expecting a denial! I have completed my six months and lost 13 pounds. The surgeons coordinator had told me before she submitted my paperwork to insurance that Dr. Might still make me wait because he wants all his patients down at least 20 lbs.

I would be happy to be MFP pals and help support you on your journey.

Susan
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am almost 4yrs post op and I an NOT at the moment following a bariatric diet because of my extreme activity level (You'll get there too! :) - if you'd like to be friends I'm here for you. Take a look at my profile and I have before and after pics on there.
    Again, I work for a bariatric and weight loss clinic and am not following the recommended diet because I'm SPECIAL ;0 and I am working on finding my own plan that works for me. A 1200 calorie diet for me right now would put me in starvation mode. So DO NOT follow my eating plan in preparing right now.
    Best of luck!
    Sal